Chapter 12

Gala sat in the school auditorium, admiring the vibrant walls. The wooden floors were painted a baby blue, a golden sun painted in one corner. Meanwhile, the ceiling contrasted with a beautiful navy blue, a silver moon adorning the corner. The walls were deep pinks, reds, oranges, purples to represent the dawn and dusk. Gala loved it.

A dark blue alicorn with a silver mane seated herself next to Gala.
"Oh, hello! My name is Galaxy Sparkle, but you can call me Gala. What's your name?"

The other alicorn shifted in her seat.
"Um...Hi Gala, my name is Princess Moonstone and...."

"OH MY GOODNESS! YOUR PRINCESS MOONSTONE....AS IN PRINCESS LUNA'S DAUGHTER!?" Gala yelled, overjoyed.

Moonstone nodded, a slight frown on her face.
" I wish everypony was as enthusiastic as you. I don't have a very good reputation..."

"Why?!? You are Princess of the Dusk. You are amazing!!!!" Gala muttered, dropping her smile.

"I am the daughter of both Princess Luna and Nightmare Moon. Everypony thinks I'm gonna follow in my mum's footsteps. You know, try to take over Equestria and all that jazz. Sunburst is the popular one." Moonstone sighed as she mentioned her cousin. "Anyway, what house are you in. I'm in Moon....obviously."

Gala levitated her envelope, filled with information. Slowly, she used her magic to open the brown paper envelope. Immediately blue, purple and white sparks exploded into the air, surrounding bold silver sparks spelling 'Moon'.

"I'm with you!" Gala yelled, hugging Moonstone. "We are friends, right?"

Moonstone nodded.
"You're the only pony, besides my family, who has actually accepted me."

"Um, hi." Came a soft, layered voice. Gala turned to none other than the changling princess.

"Sorry, my name is Galaxy Sparkle, Gala for short. That's Moonstone. What's your name?" Gala smiled.

The coal-black pony pulled her aqua-blue mane out of her face.
"Princess Honeycomb. I am not evil....I'm not what everyone thinks..."

"Cool.. wanna join our duo so we can evolve into a trio?" Moonstone asked, grinning happily.

"Absolutely! Nopony wants to be my friend because my mum tried taking over Equestria and all that good stuff....I am not my mum!" Honeycomb muttered, sniffing.

"Same here!" Moonstone cheered. "Match!"

"What about you, Gala?" Honeycomb asked cheerily.

"Um.." Gala sighed, ruffling her wings uncomfortably. "My mum defeated your mums."

Honeycomb and Moonstone nodded.

"That's a good thing.." Moonstone began.

"Or else I wouldn't have been able to meet you guys!" Honeycomb finished, grinning from ear to ear.

Gala breathed a sigh of relief.

"Now, can I  have your full attention," Came a  loud, majestic voice. Gala turned to face the main stage, where Princess Celestia stood, beaming.

Maybe school wasn't going to be so bad after all...