Chapter three

A gasp escapes my lips as I take in my surroundings. I'm afraid of heights and I'll never be a fan of being in a big ass building, but the view that this situation offers is simply stunning. You can see whole New York.

As I bring myself to look at the man who invited me today, another gasp is trying to escape but I manage to hold it in. Because instead of one man, three men stand in front of me with different expressions.

One looks pretty intimidating with his arms across his chest and a steel hard look on his face. He's wearing a black suit with a blue tie. His hair is gelled backwards and his shoes look more expensive than my whole life. His eyes are a pretty brown and on his sharp jaw happens to be a little beard forming. You can see that he's trying to grow a beard.

The man who's leaning against the table is quite handsome. His dirty blonde hair is messy and his blue eyes are shining with amusement. Why? Shi-I don't know. He's wearing a dark blue suit with a black tie. His face, that is currently looking like he's enjoying a show that is about to happen, looks...cute? I mean he's handsome but also looks like a rich little fuckboy.

My eyes settle on the familiar ones. The ones who followed my every move in the coffee shop. I gulp as I see him standing up and closing his suit jacked. His hair is dark and combed backwards. His suit jacket is grey-blueish and his tie is maroon I suppose. Im not an expert in colours, don't judge. His face gives no emotions as his sharp jaw is clenched and his green eyes are boring holes into me. Did it get hot in here?

I try not to look too intimidated by him and his, I don't know, colleagues maybe? But it's hard when you know you're already out of place. I clear my throat as I see that nobody's about to talk soon.

"Oh, you must be Lucia." The blonde one says, offering me his hand. I nod, confused as to why he's addressing me with my first name, but take his hand. He smiles down at me, showing me his dimples. Oh god.

"I'm, Leonard and this is Sean. We are....friends with Niki." He finishes and I frown. Who the hell is Niki.
"Who is-"
"Alright, enough with the small talk. Let's get to business. Take a seat Miss Brooke." Darmetir says.
I do as he says.and he sits down in front of me.

He stares at me, making me lower my head and avoid eye contact with him. Instead I look out of the window, my eyes following a huge truck.

"Do you know why you're here?" He asks and from the corner of my eyes I can see the other guys taking a seat on the leather couch that is seated behind me on the left side of the room.
"I- I do. I am really sorry for my behaviour. I did not know who you were until yesterday." I finish and hear laughter erupt from behind me. I don't dare turning around under his steel hard glare he gives me. But I know that it's the blonde one, who's currently slapping his knee.

"Do you find that funny?" He asks me.
What did I do?
"Excuse me?" I ask a little shocked.
He stands up and makes his way towards me. I gulp as he leans down and gets into my face.
"I asked if you found that funny." He says through clenched teeth.

"I don't understand, sir." I back away, scratching the floor with the metal of his office chair.
He seems to catch up on my uncomfortable feeling and backs away himself. After he straightened his back he looks over at the other men in the room, silently nodding.

They stand up and both hold my arms.
"It would be better for you to just tell us where it is." The blonde one says.
"What are you doing? Are you crazy? Let me go." I yell.
"We will, after you told us where it is." He repeats. I start to breath faster in panic. I see black dots in my vision and I know if they keep holding me like that I'll black out.

"Please, let me go. I just want to keep my job. I'm about to black out if you don't let me go right now." I plead. I can see something flash in his eyes as he backs away, looking at big boy, who's currently studying me.
His eyes narrow as he steps closer to me. I look at the blonde guy, who's giving me an apologetic look.

"You don't know what we're talking about, do you?" Darmetir asks and I shake my head, not seeming to find my voice.
"Guys, leave us alone." His words let a shiver run down my spine.

They nod and seconds later I'm alone with the most intimidating, yet attractive guy I've ever met in my life.
He sits down on his chair, typing something on his phone while completely ignoring me. I'm starting to get pissed off by his behaviour and before I know it I stand up, grab my purse and head towards the door. No job is worth this confusing shit that's going on here.

"Where do you think you're going." He calmly says. He's made no attempt to stand up so I just ignore him and head towards the floor, passing the two men who look at me confused. I shake it off and say a quick good bye to the old lady, whose name I forgot. She offers me a smile and I push the buttons of the elevator.

I patiently wait for it as I feel the stares on my back.
"I'm asking you one last time. Where do you think you're going?" He says behind me. I turn around and face him.

Huge mistake because when I look at his face expression, I almost start to cry. Almost, kids.
"Home." I say as I hear the bling sound of the elevator. I turn back around and step in. I'm surprised he let me go, without a fight.

All I know is that I'm definitely losing my job, because I'm not going to come here ever again and see this guy. I'm not saying that I'm scared but he's just very intimidating. I pity his girlfriend and friends.

That means that I have to look for a new job first thing tomorrow.