Chapter thirty-seven

Two weeks later

I think I'm over him. I needed two weeks to realize that. I always felt numb but never cried. Maybe because I thought he'd come back. Well he didn't. And I know that he won't. He hasn't texted me yet and I have a feeling he won't anytime soon. Maybe his business really is the most important thing in his life.

For me, I knew how to get a use for the money I earned. I bought a car. My own car. Of course I didn't spend all of the money for the car but most of it. I also found an apartment near my grandparent's house. Nana didn't want me to take all of my money so she gave me half of the money for the apartment. It's way bigger than my old one in New York and was only some bucks more.

And the second day after they left I also found work at the Ford's hotel. The hotel where the guys found me again. It's weird going through every room and thinking about the time I had here. I and the receptionist became good friends and the boss is nice too. I'm finally happy with my life.

____

I wake up the next morning to my ringing phone. I groan and stand up, reaching for my phone.
"Hello?" I ask, not looking at the ID.
"Open the door." I hear and frown. What? Before I can ask any further the person hangs up. I look at the screen and see a blocked number.

Somebody knocks at the door and I groan.
"One moment." I yell and check myself in the mirror. I run a hand through my hair and give up. Their fault if they wake me up.

I open the door and see a man in his middle ages standing there with a bouquet of roses and cookies. He hands me the gift.
"Delivery for miss Brooke." He says and I sign a peace of paper.
What? The man turns around and leaves. I blink a few times before going back inside and closing the door.

I set the cookies on a table and put the flowers in a vase. There's a card attached to the roses. I smile as I read it.

I miss you,
-big boy

Nikolaos' PoV

Why didn't she call me? I'm miserable. I can't just sit here in my office and wait for her call. I want her to call me before I call her..but I guess I have to do it now. But will she pick up after two weeks? Shit.

I yawn again. I can't sleep again. I slept for about 10 hours in this week. After I landed in New York I slept the whole first week, refusing to go to work. I felt numb. I thought once I'd be in New York again that I'd come into business again and get my mind off her.

But I guess not. Leonard and Sean are worried about me but what the hell should I do? I know they are just looking out for me but I'm a big boy, I don't need a babysitter. I groan in frustration, running my finger over my screen. She is probably expecting me to call first. That's how it should be but I can't. I want something special. I want to be able to tell her that I found her wrist watch but I haven't yet. I never expected it to be that hard.

I remember the nights before I had to leave Lucia. Two days before I said goodbye I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about the situation. I decided to go to her room that night. It was around 11p.m. I opened her door and saw her head shoot up and look me.

"Nikolaos?" She whispered and I closed my eyes for a brief moment. I hate when other people call me by my full name, but when Lucia calls me that I can't help but enjoy how my name rolls off her tongue.

"I can't sleep." I whispered back and closed the door. She yawned and sits up.
"So you come to my room?" She asked and I ran a hand through my hair. Shit, she doesn't want me here. I thought.
"Well, I mean. I guess I. I could have. So that-" I stuttered, like a little child. She laughed softly and stood up. I reached out for her when she was a foot away from me. I kissed her for a short moment and pulled away.

"Can I sleep in your room? I promise I'll behave." I said. I remember last time we kissed I actually pulled off her t-shirt. She didn't mind though. I even think we would have gone further if it wasn't for her phone to ring.

"Tell me you are wearing something under this blanket." She pointed at my crotch and I shook my head, smirking. She looked uncomfortable and I smiled at her innocence.
"Cookie, I won't try anything. Please just this one night." I plead and she sighed, nodding. She opened her mouth to say something but I already jumped into her bed. I let my blanket drop to the floor and got under her sheets.

She got in next to me and snuggled into my side. I felt her knee on my, you know and it took everything in me not to take her. I kissed her neck and jaw. She moaned and tan her hands over my chest. I groaned and ruled us over, so that I was on top of her. My thing was resting on her thigh and I felt myself getting harder.

Before I could say sorry, she rubbed me. She literally wrapped her tiny hands around him and rubbed me. I closed my eyes and stopped kissing her. I moaned and felt myself coming. I opened my eyes and looked down at her. The picture of her biting her lip took me over the edge and I came all over her. I grunted and locked my eyes with her as I emptied myself on her pants.

We were both panting hard and I placed my forehead on hers. I kissed her and took her pants off, throwing them on the ground. I wanted to thank her and knew exactly how. This night was the best night of my life. We didn't have sex together, we wanted it to be after this. When we see each other again.

We spent the night pleasing and kissing each other. Somewhere around 3 a.m. we fell asleep.

I let out another sigh as I think about the possibilities how to surprise her. What about flowers? And cookies. She loves cookies. I'd have to send her a card as well. If I wouldn't she'd probably don't even know who sent them.

Shoot and what do I write? How about 'hey.' No.
'what's up.' NO.
'Call me'. Hell no.
'I miss you.' Yeah.

I run a hand through my hair. That's it.