Sudden Recall

-Rogue-

'Sting-chan...' The thought flashed through my mind.

I hadn't seen Sting since that night, three weeks ago. I pulled my legs closer to my body as I stuffed my face into my knees. I recalled the way his fingers felt on my face. It sent shivers up my spine.

His eyes. His nose. His lips. So close yet now so far.

My body was pushed further into a ball as I forced it to stop shaking.

****

"Excuse me, why are you crying?" Ryos said as he approached a boy hiding behind a bush. A golden mane coated his arms as he cried into his arms, shaking slightly.

The boy raised his head as he glared up at the boy who had approached him.

"T-That's none of your business!" He shouted defensively. The other boy, Ryos simply smiled. He was upset. It wasn't his fault he was being mean but that didn't mean he should be mean.

Ryos bent down before the boy and placed his arm on his shoulder. Ryos wasn't one to talk to people. He was pretty quiet and awkward. Nobody really associated themselves with him. However today, Ryos decided to make a friend at least. One would be enough...

"If you don't wanna talk about it..." He sighed. "My name is Ryos." Ryos smiled at the boy as he once again raised his head. Ryos gasped this time as he got a closer look at him. Behind all the tears lay two of the most dazzling things Ryos had ever laid eyes on.

Sapphire was his new favourite colour. But not any kind of sapphire. The only type he fell in love with, was the ones this boy called 'eyes'.

Ryos smiled.

"My name is Sting." The boy sniffled. Wiping away tears with his t-shirt. He sat up and crossed his legs.

"Sting... Sting-chan?" Ryos grinned causing the other boy to scowl in his direction. The two boys soon began to laugh. And he was completely mesmerised by Stings smile. It was quite spectacular.

The two sat across each other, not uttering a word. They just stared at one another faces. Both smiling. Both falling further into the trance one would call love.

"Why were you crying?" Ryos whispered as he placed a hand on Stings cheek. Sting nudged his face further into Rogues hand, whimpering slightly as tears began to fall again. Sting hand covered Ryos' own and with Ryos' other hand, Ryos wiped away the tears.

"I-" Sting pushed himself into Ryos' arms and wrapped his arms around his waist and began to shake. Ryos felt his shoulder begin to get wet as Stings cries got louder and louder. He wrapped his arms around Stings body and whispered soothing into his ear.

"No matter what... Remember, I'm your friend. So even if you ever lose all hope. Just remember you aren't alone..."

****

I detested feeling like this.

I couldn't speak. Why...? Because I had lost everything. So why, even after I found my first and only friend and first and only crush... Could I still not speak?

I lost my mother. I lost my grandfather. I lose my grandmother. I lost my home. I lost my school. I lost everything. I never knew who my father was. I only took his name. I had been homeless for years. Then suddenly the sun shone on me and I found Sting again.

Did I truly deserve this?

A knock on the door and I looked up. The door was pushed open and Mr Natsu came in. He seemed to be looking at something outside before coming in.

"Sorry for the intrusion Rogue. May I come in?" I nodded and Mr Natsu allowed himself into my bedroom. Or his, since he owned this hotel.

He perched himself at the end of my bed and gave me a warm smile. However his eyes told a different story. They seemed to be twinkling with mischief.

I grabbed my phone and typed something.

Rogue: mr natsu? you remind me of someone.

Once Mr Natsu read the message. He scrunched up his eyebrows and pulled a playful smile.

"Really...? Who could I possibly remind you of?!" He exclaimed as he shook with laughter. I really liked this old man. He reminded me a lot of....

Rogue: my grandad. you are complete opposite of him. you remind me of him.

"If I'm the opposite of him, how do I remind you of him?"

Rogue: you are like yang and he's ying. that's why you remind me a lot of my grandad! :)

He truly did remind me of my grandad. He was all warm and fiery. Mischievous and kind. Whilst my grandpa Gray was quite and reserved. Cool and, he always felt cold!

"And where is this fine gentleman now?" He asked. I simply shrugged my shoulders and looked down in shame. He then pointed upwards. "Is he... Upstairs?" I shook my head. I was almost certain he was only in his fifties. He wasn't too old. I'm sure he's alive? "How about your grandmother?" Mr Natsu asked quietly as he rested a hand on my shoulder.

I simply looked up and pointed upwards. He gave a sad sigh and a warm smile. "I'm sure your grandpa loved his wife very much!" He exclaimed enthusiastically.

Rogue: do you love your wife?

Mr Natsu's face paled when he read the message. "I loved her, but she wasn't my soul mate." I gasped at his response and immediately tapped at my phone for a response.

Rogue: grandpa said the same thing. he did not think grandma juvia was his soul mate but he still love her.

He simply chuckled. His laugh reminded me a lot of Stings. They both had quite charming laughs. Melodic and memorable.

"Then we are very similar. What was his name? If I ever bump into him I would love to have a nice conversation with him."

Rogue: gray. gray fullbuster.

****

A/N: shit got real! Part of Rogue and Stings back story and Natsu finding out his soulmate is actually rogues grandpappy!

*wriggles eyebrows*

Now let's wonder why Sting was actually crying since... That's still a mystery. But at least we know our two love birds actually met at some point. HARHARHARHARHAR

Anyways. Next update is the twentieth one. So I thought: the readers may want either a side Fraxus or... Cobra X Midnight side story.

I vote for cobra x midnight cuz we get a lot of Fraxus. Either way. Comment which one you want.

Sayonara my fellow stingue shippers!