Past Silhouettes

-Sting-

"Freed, whatcha doing?" I asked nervously laughing. I stared at him as he did a handstand on the counter. He was holding two plates using the soles of his feet as he tried to keep himself balanced with his arms.
"What does it look like I'm doing, sweetie-bun?" He whispered, his attention mainly focused on balance.
"Being a ninja?" I said sarcastically.

The handle to the door twisted open and and the door was pushed open slightly. Laxus popped his head in and looked left and right.

"Am I intruding?" He asked and his eyes almost instantly widened.

"Not again..." He strolled in and Freed finally noticed him.

"Laxus... You're here! T... That's... Erm... Erm... AHHHH!!!" He completely lost his balance because he was a blushing fool who was completely in love with Laxus.

Laxus quickly took action. He sprinted towards Freed and did a back flip over the couch. He landed with two feet and returned to his run. He stuck out his arms and caught his prey.

"Hehe. Thanks Laxus. I knew I could count on you." Freed moaned as he stood up and brushed off the invisible dirt on his clothes. Laxus passed the two plates of food to Freed. "It's a good thing you learnt after last time that you should save the food, not me." Freed walked off with a crimson blush on his face from the slight touch he gained from Laxus when Laxus passed him the plate.

"You guys should just get a room already. I'll gladly pay!" I said as I watched the love scene unfold before me. Laxus gave me a dirty look as he shuffled out of the room, hiding his face with his colossal hand. He knew if I saw him blushing, he'd be toast.

****

I sat at the edge of my bed as my knee shook uncontrollably. I clenched my fist and then opened my palm. I repeated this again and again. I couldn't believe my father had asked me to come to one of his important meetings. I didn't understand why I was the heir to his company. What about my brother? It was probably since he might be the next CEO of my mothers company.

My mother.

That left a sour taste in my mouth. After all, the reason I hardly saw her was my own fault. My brother and I had grown distant over the years and he'd started to detest me, much like my mother did herself. I only had myself to blame.

I realised all these thoughts were just me procrastinating and I realised that hardly any part of me desired to go. However I did want to see my brother at least once again, after so long.

I sighed as I got up and walked to the bathroom so I could have shower. I turned on the shower and let the water run. I let the water envelope me as I was swallowed up by my own grief.

A shadow cast itself upon me and it glared down. It formed three other shadows and I vaguely saw it produce my parents and brother. Their eyes were pure chaos and they had scowls painted on their faces. The intense hatred emitted from them was enough to cause me to cry out.

I rushed out of the shower, running away from my crazy hallucinations. My mind was already shattered and tainted. I threw on my tux and sprinted out of my room.

"Laxus come on. Let's go." Laxus got up and shuffled away from a blushing Freed. The sight of the two foolish love birds made me feel slightly better.

****

Laxus' voice was drowned by my incessant thoughts swirling in my mind. My perception was blinded by images of the past. My life was one massive regret. All I've been doing is redeeming for my past actions. I ruined my family... What could be worse than that?

Laxus stopped the car and I was here. I was at my fathers headquarters: The Fairytail Guild. Laxus opened the door for me and I shakily got out and he got back in and drove off, leaving me alone to my misery. I walked towards the double doors...

Here I go.