At Nirvana

-Rogue-

I sat discreetly at the far end of the cornered table. I attempted and tried to get all possible attention away from me but in the Eucliffe household, that feat was an impossibility.

Freed was serving us a meal, spinning and twisting around the table; imitating a ninja. Sting and I sat at opposite ends of the fairly big table. It was a glossy glass obsidian table with matching leather chairs. China was planted gently on the table as decoration, not to be used for the food. A pair of roses draped down slightly in a patterned vase.
Freed poured us Elderflower cordial in wine cups. (It's not wine).

"Today for a starter we are eating Roast carrot and Fennel soup. Then for the main dish, we will be feasting on Cajun seafood pasta. Then I shall serve you homemade strawberry cheesecake that will obviously be fancier than it sounds." Freed said slowly, elongating all the names to add emphasis.

The food was delicious and beyond delightful. However, I ate it at a slow pace because I didn't want to gulp it all down in a second and look all greedy and fat. The only part I didn't enjoy was the cheesecake. I hated anything that was made from strawberries or had them in it. Although the strange thing was I loved strawberries by itself. Stupid right? (Guys, you now know my life story when it comes to strawberries)

Sting hardly spoke but instead, he kept staring at a small china pot that I hadn't noticed before. It had the words 'For Grandpa Natsu'. If I had the courage or the nerve to speak again, I'd have asked him.

****

I was in Heaven. Elysium. Paradise.

I was in Nirvana.

"I'll be sleeping in my parent's old room. You can stay in mine." Sting said as he opened the double doors of his room wide open for me. The room was colossal. It had a king sized bed pushed against the centre of the opposite wall. It had a small couch and a flat screen TV on the left side of the room. A computer and laptop were on the right side and a few medium sized screens were stuck on the walls, showing either news or games. At the back, there was a door and it was slightly open, exposing a walk-in-closet.

"Well. Good night." He said. I smiled at him and tried to give him a vibe that said thanks. He closed the door behind him as he left and I threw myself on to the grand bed.

And I fell asleep the second my head reached the pillow.

****

Do you know that cliche thing they do, when there's a mint on your pillow? Well, guess what? I had a mint by my pillow. I popped into my mouth and sucked on it blissfully.

I ran out of the room to the kitchen, to find Freed, standing at one end and looking rather flustered and trying to busy himself with cooking. And Laxus, who was standing awkwardly, staring at the ceiling. I smirked at the sight and Sting ran into the kitchen. He noticed the tension in the air and looked at me and grinned.

"Fraxus!" I think that's what he mouthed. I blushed slightly. His hair was a mess and all over the place. His blue eyes were a brilliant shade of blue and his smile made my knees slightly buckle.

"Today, you'll be eating French toast and crêpes and my famous hot chocolate. Would you like some... La- Laxus?" He whispered the end and blushed crimson and started at the floor.

"Erm...Yeah sure!" Laxus said his voice an octave higher.

Sting laughed and I grinned. They were cute together.

"Oh yeah. Rogue, when I come back from school, I'm taking you to the get a place to stay. Do you know Grey Summers hotel?"

****

A/N: Well. Who liked that chapter?
Any thoughts on Sting.
Anyone who loves Fraxus??:)
Does anyone get the last line?;)*