Clinical Disputes

-Rogue-

I sat down at the foot of a off licence store. I watched as people past by me. Shaking my cup every now and then, to pedestrians and they threw me a few coins. Some people gave me a dirty look and completely avoided me. I gazed at a small girl as she tugged at her mothers arm and pointed at my direction. Her mother stared at me and gave me as sad smile. She rummaged through her purse and passed her a few notes and whispered something into the small girls ear. The girl ran over, her pigtail swishing to the side. She stood in front of and passed me the notes. Smiling a toothy grin and I noticed that she had a missing tooth.

"My mommy says that she's only giving you this money if you use it for good things. So don't be a bad boy okay?" She said, pulling at the hem of her skirt. I nodded slowly and glazed past her shoulder and smiled contentedly at her mother. The girl ran back and grasped her mothers out stretched hand, and they walked off.

I kept shaking my cup for a couple more hours and overall with the nice ladies extra 40 dollars I made a whole $60 today. I've never made that much that before maybe god was smiling down at me from heaven.

I picked myself up but then noticed a Limousine parked by the side of the road. A big, bulky, buff man stood leaning on the car texting someone.

"Hey!" Someone said tapping on my shoulder. I quickly turned back to see a crazy grin. The boys hair was sunny yellow that was brushed and he had a scar running over his eyebrow. His eyes were dazzling blue and looked perfect. My breathing hitched as my heart stopped. I stared at him and my mouth hung wide open.

"The names Sting. What's yours?" He said raising an eyebrow. I then finally started to breathe again. I slowly shook my head and turned away. "Why, don't you talk or something or you don't want to tell me?" He asked. His eyes were now reflecting the light from the sun and it glistened and I had confused his eyes for sapphires for a moment.

I stuck up one finger, indicating the first one of his options and he nodded.

"So you're not a talker. Okay I can work with that. Basically my dad wants me to help the hobos... Erm I mean the the homeless and less fortunate." He grasped his hand over his mouth.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that. I know that homeless people hate being called that." He whimpered. I nodded at him and moved my hand in front of my face indicating that it was alright. "So do you want help?" He asked. I nodded. Of course I wanted help. I knew I couldn't live like this for ever.

"Well then my new personal mission is to help you pick your feet up and live a happy life. My dad can handle the rest of the people here." He said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"But first I'm taking you to a clinic. Just in case your ill!" He continued. He grabbed my hand gingerly and pulled me forward so we started to run. We pushed and shoved past through the streets, bumping into businessmen to parents with children. We came to a closing and a limousine stretched in front of me. My mouth scraped the floor and he chuckled at my reaction as he pushed me into the limo.

"I haven't been completely honest with you. My name is Sting Eucliffe." My mouth couldn't get any lower as I gaped at him. "Yeah,yeah. The son of the guy who owns half of Magnolia." He waved his hand in front of my face indicating that he'd gotten used to people reacting that way when they found out who his parents were. I did the simple thing. I crossed my arms and looked away to show that I didn't care. He laughed in response.

"Laxus, take us to the clinic please and step on it." He said to the driver. The driver was a blonde with a scar crossing his eye that made him more intimidating.

The car basically flew through the road and the driver never took his foot of the accelerator. When the car finally stopped,I pushed myself out and fell to the floor scraping my hands. Sting rushed out and examined my hands.

"Are you alright?" He said, concerned. I nodded and he helped me up and we walked in.

The door swerved open automatically as we strolled in. The chairs were ordered in a line, left and right from us. The floor was glossy and white and tiled and I could see my horrible reflection. The walls were pure white and small decorative painting hung from it. The ceiling had a dim, plain and white chandelier that swung from the wind that whistled from the opening door.

In front was a desk and a receptionist sat, with a phone on her ear. She wore black dress and a blazer on top. Her delicate hair was tied up in a bun that reminded me of a beehive. Her eyes were partly covered with spectacles, that sat on her nose. She looked at me and wrinkled her nose probably coming to the conclusion that I was poor. She glanced at Sting and smiled guessing correctly that he was of high status.

"Good afternoon. How may I help you?" She asked, pulling that fake smile as she put down the phone.

"I need a check up for him and I want the results today!" Sting said, shoving his thumb in my direction. I kissed my teeth at him which caused him to smirk.

"Come with me then." She lead us through a narrow corridor and opened a door. We walked in and inside was a nurse, typing on her computer. The receptionist explained the problem to the nurse and the nurse nodded her head. The receptionist said goodbye and left.

The nurse brought out a needle and injected it in me. I was already used to the feeling of needles so it didn't affect me.