Beautiful Shadows

-Rogue-

It was night in Magnolia

Fireworks splattered onto the ground and time continued on as usual.

Silence wrapped around us, as we stood, our hearts which had stopped seconds ago, caught in another time, flew through different realities as we finally comprehended the event, the amazing event, that had just occurred

The sounds of my heart starting to beat again, echoed the empty void we stood upon. The rhythm deafened my ears as blood shot around my body, racing up and down with a speed faster than light. My heart kept beating and beating. I felt nothing.

All I saw was sapphire.

He truly was was beautiful.

That scar that crosses his left eyebrow diagonally. His stubbornness. The stain on his shirt. His shamelessness. The painted Crimson cheeks. His lies. His lack of doing anything and everything without thinking. His insouciance. His hair that shot in all and every direction. His arrogance. The fact that he got upset each time I won, however smiled soon after. His lies. His horrible attention spam. His idiocy. The hurt sometimes clouding his eyes. His insecurity. The way his eyes darkened as I show him something about himself he always hides. His lies.

The flaws; some I want gone, some I want to stay forever.

****

He cleared his throat, "So shall I take you home... Or?" I shook my head.

There was something I needed to do

Rogue: i will walk home myself.

"Ya sure, it's kinda dangerous. Having company is much better than being alone."

Rogue: i have a shadow. i'll be safe. she always protects me. don't worry!! :)

"Erm.... A shadow! Should I be worried about your sanity?" He smiled. I truly adored seeing his smiles. The true ones. The real ones. The genuine ones. Not the ones he used to hide the hurt, the pain, the sadness that was etched, scarred, pierced, deep into his heart with a knife. "I sure as hell hope this 'shadow' protects you, or else i'm stealing her job as your stalker!" He let his arms that were previously used to make air quotations marks, fall and place themselves onto my cheeks.

"Hey, this is something you don't realllllly have to answer to... But... Doyouwannabemaboyfriend?" I simply tilted my head and pulled a confused expression. As if I didn't understand what he said. Messing with Sting was fun.

"I said... Do... You... Wanna..." As he prolonged each word, I took the time to type in my answer before he even finished. It was one simple answer. One I will never regret typing. Which was totally unromantic but I don't speak and there's nothing I can do about that! "Be... Ma...."

Rogue: yes

"I am so done with life. I can die right now! I will die the happiest guy ev-er! Like, you don't know how fucking happy I am right now!" At this stage he was hyperventilating which worried me. Although it was amusing and cute. I loved seeing his weirder, happier side. It was thousands of times better than seeing him hurt.

Rogue: don't die, or else i win award for having the shortest relationship ever!!!

When I left, I ambled on home. My shadow protecting me, I thought of nothi-