Chapter 8 ~ Guilt

🐺Malia🐺

Any anger I had towards Stiles fades to guilt.

"Did I.... Did I... Do that to you?" I choke out feeling my throat clog up and tears build in my eyes.

"No-" he starts but Lydia interrupts him.

"Yeah, you did. Are you gonna say something?" she asks glaring at me.

"I'm... So sorry" I say trying and failing to hold back tears.

"It's okay, shhhh Malia I'm fine." Stiles replies wrapping his arms around me.

I let myself stand there for a minute, breathing in his smell. The smell of safety. I cling to his shirt and bury my face in his chest. We stand there until someone clears there throat in the background.

"Guys," Scott says gently. "We kinda need to leave."

"Okay, I'll drive." Stiles answers.

"Yeah dude we know, you never let anyone drive the Jeep." Scott smirks at him.

"Whatever, everybody in." he announces.

I climb into the backseat next to Allison, Scott takes the passenger seat, Lydia and Kira take the windows so me and Allison are stuck sharing the middle seat.

The girls talk the whole ride about a clothes sale at forever 21, I don't join in, I  focus on what to do but don't come up with anything.

We drop the girls to Lydia's house and drive to Scott's, Stiles stops outside.

"Do you wanna stay here tonight?" Scott asks unbuckling his seatbelt.

Stiles looks at Scott's house then at me, "Uh, yeah okay." he replies cautiously. "Just need to text my dad."

☄Stiles☄

The sound of the stairs creaking wakes me up. I spin around to see Malia walking down the stairs.

"Malia? What are you doing?" I ask.

"I don't know." she whimpers. "That's the problem, I don't know what I'm doing."

I pat the sofa next to me she sits down and I wrap my arms around her. "You'll be okay." I whisper into her hair.

She's not crying but her body is shaking against me. I lie down and she burries her face in my shirt.

"Shhhh Malia you'll be okay."

"What if I'm not?"

"You will be."

"What if I hurt someone?"

"You won't."

"How do you know that!?" She whisper shouts "I can't control it Stiles!"

"You'll learn how to, Scott will teach you."

"But-"

"Shhhh Malia, just relax everything will be okay."

Within minutes she's asleep. I settle down trying to sleep too, I  don't know how long it takes before everything fades to black.

I wake up and Malia's gone. I look around panic stricken, she's not there. I hear humming, Malia skips into the living room and puts a plate of scrambled eggs on the counter next to me. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What?" she questions.

"You made me breakfast?"

"Yup!"

"What do you want?"

"Can't a girl just make her boyfriend breakfast?"

"No, not really."

"Fine," she sighs. "Scott and I are training today, and I really want you to come."

I smile at her. "I would've come anyway."

She smiles back at me.

🐺Malia🐺
*After Training*

Training went horribly, Scott tried to get me angry so that I would turn, but when I did it took ages to get me back.

He told me I have to find my anchor, something or someone to help me focus, but I don't know how to.

I scratched up Stiles and Scott pretty bad but apart from that it was great! (sarcasm)

I turn on my laptop and sign into Netflix. The door swings open and Stiles comes into my room whistling.

"Ooooh what ya watching" he asks slumping down next to me.

"I don't know yet" I reply I turn to look at him and see a scratch mark on his face. I skim my thumb over his cheekbone.

"I feel so bad" I whisper.

"Don't, it's not your fault."

I sigh and look into his eyes.

"I just wish I could control it."

"All in good time my dear," he says in a fake British accent. "All in good time"

I burst into giggles and he kisses me.

"What was that for?"

"You look cute when you laugh."

I smile to myself. Maybe everything will be okay.