Chapter Fourteen

Luca

As I looked into her eyes, I could see her memories slowly disappear. Seeing every memory of us slowly disintegrate I felt a sharp pain deep into my chest. As I looked into her eyes, I could see the life of Victoria Evans becoming into nothing. As I looked into her eyes, I could no longer notice the one who was my friend. As I looked into her eyes, I don't see her, I see someone else.

"Okay, her memories of the human world are disintegrated." I slowly said not even turning to look at the king or my brothers.

"Good." As he begun to walk away, he stopped next to me to put a hand on my shoulder. "Thank you Luca, you did a great deed for me today." 

I didn't reply. Roughly shaking his hand off, I started walking away. In the distance I heard Derek and Daemon follow. 

"Luca, wait up." Derek said as he stood next to me. After we made it home in silence I went straight to my room. I can never forgive myself for what I did. The first girl I love and I erase her memory. What the hell is wrong with me? 

"God dammit!" I shouted in rage as I kicked a chair across the room. The anger was immensing. Calm down Luca, think, where do you go, where do you go when you're angry?  

Before I could do anything I was already out the window and at Victoria's house. Quietly so I didn't wake her "father" I went through her old window to her room. Smelling the aroma of her made me feel a bit better. Gathering clothes around the room the memories of us were making the process of grief  harder. 

Looking around her room I always wondered how she stayed here. The ceiling was almost falling apart, and there was a few cracks in the windows. But it didn't matter when we were together. By the time her father was asleep I would be knocking at her window. The smile on her face just made all the troubles in my life disappear. 

As I sat on her bed I noticed the sweatshirt she always wore at the foot of her bed. Smiling to myself If can actually feel her wearing this.."

Weeks went by and school was a bore. There was no point in going if Victoria weren't there,  but we had to fit in. I could feel the pain in my chest every time they marked her absent. Suddenly, I got up from my chair and left the room leaving the teacher speachless.
"I can't do this anymore." I whispered to myself as I went out the doors to the school to find the nearest portal to the Underworld.