Chapter Eighteen

Luca

What am I doing? I'm kissing Victoria. I'm literally kissing her. She hasn't stopped me yet, why hasn't she stopped me? Before I could get my hopes up that this would go further, she pushed away.

"Luca, what are you doing?" Her face was red, but she shown no signs of anger.

"Doing what you told me to do."

"What are you talking about?" Her voice was getting serious.

"Victoria, please try to remember, we've been friends since we were kids, we met when you fell off the swings and laughed about you saying butt."

"Butt. Really?" She didn't sound convince. "Look, I think you're great, but-"

"Please don't cut me off now, please. I can't stand to lose you again, I just can't!" 

"Luca, this is a lot to take in, I don't even remeber you."

"You said it yourself that love can't be erased. Don't you feel anything for me, something?" I was becoming desperate now, pratically begging for her to remember.

"I'm sorry, but I don't remember you."

"But do you feel anything?" I got up and put my hands on her shoulders making her look at me. 

"That doesn't matter, I can't remember you!" Her eyes were becoming watery and tears started falling down her cheeks. 

"Victoria, please, I need you to try. There has to be a way to undo it, and I can't do this without your help." 

"How? Even if we did know each other what will happen? What was so "special" about my previous live to make you erase my memory?"

I couldn't answer, but I had to say something. "Nothing."

"Exactly. I am like this for a reason and that is to help my father with the kingdom."

"You think your father is a good person? He is the one who told me to do this to you! He is lying to you Victoria! Your mother is not a backstabber, you haven't been here your whole life, and you belong in the human world!" I was getting angrier by the second, I could feel the heat of fire rushing through my body. My demon form was consuming me.

"You're wrong!"

"N-No I'm not!" It was out now, and I couldn't control what would happen next.

"Yes you are! You're a liar and I'm going to have you forced out of here immediately!" 

"Woah woah woah,  what is going on over here?" Daemon said as he came into the room, along with Derek.

"Luca-"Derek said walking over to me.

"What."

"The king is coming this way, you need to change back."

"Hello Victoria." Daemon said to her. 

"How do you know my name?" She said angrily as she wiped the tears away from her red cheeks.

"Lets just say, we're some old friends of yours." He smiled.

By the time I managed to calm myself down, the king was already in the room. 

"My my, what do we have here, visitors." 

"Sir," Daemon was the only one who was cooperative.

"Victoria, are these young men bothering you?" He asked her.

We all turned to look at her, she looked like she was in pain. I turned to Derek who met my gaze, and he did a quick nod as if he is telling me she is.

"We were just going." I said as I gave her one last look, when we started to walk towards the door she spoke up.

"Wait." Her voice was soft, but strong. "Father, I would like you to meet my new future husband," she took a breath, "Luca."