Chapter Twenty

Luca

"Victoria?" I said as I knelt down next to her unmoving body. She wasn't breathing, and her heart wasn't beating.

"Is she, is she-"

"No, she isn't dead." The king said to Derek as he fixed his collar. "But she is almost to death, we just need to make sure she doesn't get lost in the After Birth."

"The After Birth? Why the hell would you send someone who si still alive, in the After Birth?" Daemon argued.

"It was the only way to calm her down, and as long as she doesn't cross over to the human world, she wont be reborn. So don't worry."

"But Nybbas is there, he finds the ones who are lost and kills them." Daemon said.

"Nybbas, I forgot about him." The king mumbled as he scratched his small beard.

"Oh, just because you forgot that automatically makes things okay?" I said looking at him.

"This is not good." He spoke.

"Okay, that's it. I want to make you a deal." I got up leaving her body laying still. "If she makes it out of this and survives Nybbas, then you let her go back to the human world and she lives with us."

"And if she doesn't?" He crossed his arms and looked at me timidly.

"Then, I'll let you exterminate me." I know that's what he's always wanted. He never liked me from the very begging.

"Hmm. Interesting."

"Luca? What are you thinking?" Derek asked. "You can't leave me, you're my brother."

"Derek, it's fine, she will." I hope.

"Deal." The king had an evil smile on his face as he held out his hand. Grasping it firmly I gave it one shook and turned to face Victoria.

"Sir, there aren't any twists in this deal are there?" Daemon asked. 

"No there are not, but there is no other way to get into the After Birth than death, or injection, and I don't see you guys doing that anytime soon." I wanted to punch that smile off of his face.

In the corner of my eye I saw Daemon pick something up. Before I could stop him, he injected himself with the same vial that was used for Victoria.

"Daemon! What are you doing?" Derek and I spoke.

"You all know she won't make it out by herself, I-I'll go get her, and we can go home." He gave a weak smile and fell hard on the floor making him grunt. 

"Daemon," Derek whined running over to him, but he was already gone. 

"Hmp. You better hope that they both come back. Or this is on you Luca." After the king said that he walked away back to his study.

"Luca." Derek said.

"What?" I said a little too harsh.

"Please, don't go. Victoria, and Daemon, you're all I have left. Chester isn't even there, I actually like you." 

"Don't worry, with Daemon in there, they'll both be back safe and sound, and once they're back, we're going home." I hope.