CHAPTER 51

May's POV (Elena)

We arrived at Tagaytay at exactly 11 pm. I have only been to this place once. When I had a meeting with— oh, wait. That wasn't me. I wonder how many times I, May Gonzales have visited this place. Did I ever set foot in this place in my entire life?

"Iyong totoo May? May balak ka bang magpakamatay? Bilang na nga lang araw mo magpapakama—" Her complaining face shifted to an awkward grin as she scratched her head when she realized what just came out of her nosy mouth. "Ay joke. Gusto, ano, ah! Gusto ko pa makita in person si Lee Jung Sook!"

I just looked at her blankly. I made sure to make her understand na ayokong pag-usapan ang sakit ko. I don't want to risk anyone other than her knowing about my illness. Muli akong napatingin sa labas ng bintana, this is weird. We kept on going on circles for like two effin hours just to look for their house.

"Sigurado ka bang this is the place?" I asked her, doubtful.

She looked at me as if I just asked something absurd.

"May, dito ako ipinanganak, nagkamalay, lumaki at nanirahan ng 20 years!" She exclaimed with all the exaggerated actions.

"Then can you explain why we got lost and struggled to find your house which is supposed to be only half an hour drive from—"

"Sinasabi ko sayong gusto kita itour! Hindi nga kasi tayo nawala! Road trip lang 'yon, part 1 sa schedule natin," she reasoned out. "At ayon o! Andoon na bahay namin, tara na!"

I rolled my eyes heavenward as she parked the car and we went outside. I looked at a large black and white motif rectangular house with slanted rooflines and large expanses of glass windows. It has a beautiful touch of modern feels and it looks very new too. We walked towards the house and Yummie rang the doorbell.

I smirked at her, "Then can you explain why you go to work 2 hours earlier?"

She froze for a moment before scratching the back of her head and giving me a silly grin.

"Nag-eexercise lang ako. Jogging para fit. Dapat healthy and sexy malay mo may dumaang gwapo. Dapat ready ako pagdadating si forever ko," pangangatwiran niya.

She crossed her arms triumphantly at tuwang tuwa pa sa napaka ganadang rason na nabuo niya. She isn't that bright after all. What a lame reason.

"Hindi ka talaga nauubusan ng palusot no? You're very good at it. Is that talent compensation for your lack of sense of direction?" I mockingly asked.

"Hindi nga kas—"

She was cut off when the door suddenly opened a familiar voice called out her name.

"Yummie?"

Napalingon kami sa nagbukas ng pinto. A small girl suddenly run towards Yummie and hugged her.

"Mamita! Akala ko bukas pa ang dating niyo," she asked the woman standing by the door. "At ba't gising ka pang bata ka?" She asked the little girl.

The girl tightly hugged her back and lovingly gave her a sweet smile

"I was waiting for you, Ate Yum, dad said you would be coming, I can't sleep of excitement," said the little girl with excitement

I looked at them merrily talking when I felt my hands tremble and turn icy cold. Napahawak ako sa tainga ko when a sudden loud unpleasant ear-breaking rung in my ears. I didn't realize the woman in front of me was already holding my arms. I can see them mouthing some words but I can't seem to hear them. I sat on their sofa, drank my painkillers, and waited for my body to relax. The agony subsided gradually. Yummie is nowhere to be found, and the room is deafeningly quiet.