Chapter Twenty-Five

It's been a long time since I wrote in this diary. 

How long has it been?

I flipped through the pages and it was amazing what Nikki and I had to do to get away from MacKenzie and from our own problems.

Back to the diary. 

It's running out of pages so a few more pages should end it. 

A lot has happened.

We moved to New York. It had a nice little house to rent and I was excited for our adventure through our life. 

I have to admit, the biggest surprise, was Nikki being pregnant.

Yes, I said Nikki was pregnant.

**************

I drove her to the hospital and am sitting in the hallway. I am so excited!

Believe me, being a photographer was exciting because I traveled a lot, but being a dad was much better in my opinion.

I am going to be a dad!

My phone is buzzing in my pocket so I took a look. It was a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: Hello? Is it you Brandon?

Brandon Roberts: Yes, it's me. And you are?

Unknown Number: It's me, MacKenzie.

It's been a long time since I heard from her personally. Last time was her leaving USA to travel the world.

Brandon Roberts: Yes? What would you like?

Unknown Number: I wanted to apologize.

One of the nurses said that it was almost ready, so I ditched the text and ran inside the room.

10 MINUTES LATER

It's a boy! 

I couldn't believe it. I was holding a mini me! I smiled at the beautiful baby and I was filled with joy. 

I handed it to Nikki and she cried. Tears of joy. She laughed and kept crying. 

We called Nikki's parents and they arrived. They laughed too and they stared at the baby.

2 DAYS LATER

Nikki was being helped down the stairs by a nurse and I was holding my baby. 

We put the baby in the back of the car and Nikki sat in the back too so she could watch the baby. 

I drove and as much as I trusted Nikki, I couldn't help looking the rearview mirror every now and then. 

10 MINUTES LATER

I pulled into the driveway and started to get the baby. Nikki and I laughed as we went into the doorway. She wanted to name the baby after someone but we couldn't think of someone important.

So we ended up naming him something completely random. 

I walked around while Nikki went to take a shower. 

I put him in his crib. 

He looked sleepy but I read to him in a soft voice anyway.

************

I finished the last line and saw that he fell asleep.

I smiled. He was a precious jewel.

I went to the light and said,

"Goodnight Alex."

************

Edit: 2/17/17