Chapter Twenty

Yep!

 She is 100% MacKenzie Hollister!

I followed her to a MANSION! 

Well, not really followed.

I went to MacKenzie to tell her that there was no way she and I were getting married. I waited for her to come inside my car. 

Guess what?

"Nikki" was inside a limo. And she was actually MacKenzie. Without the Nikki make-up.

Then it hit me! Another girl that is. 

Yes, it was another. I am beginning to wonder if the world hates me.

Why is it happening over and over?

I must have Nikki-itious!

I saw Nikki!

She said,"Brandon Roberts?"

No one could blame me for what I said next. Scratch that. Everyone could.

I said,"Look. I don't need to see or hear you right now. Now please, get away from me."

She looked a little sad but she nodded and left. She looked really out of place in MacKenzie's neighborhood.

Realizing that I may have lost Nikki, I asked her a question before she was gone.

I was just curious to hear the answer. Not that I had been waiting forever. And definitely not when she left.

"So Nikki what happened?"

She gave me a small smile.

She said,"Oh...I went to LA and came back 10 years later. I did college and passed. I got a few jobs. I became an author. I became the best-selling author of the year."

Then she gave me a smile the one and only Nikki had. 

It was all silence.

"So want to talk about it?"

I nodded and we got in my car.

We went to Starbucks and talked about jobs, our life, and other stuff. 

Then she said,"You know what? I am so sorry for not talking about me leaving."

The past was in the past for all I cared.

I said,"Oh yeah? Well, I forgot up until now! It's ok!" 

Then I knew I had to marry her! 

If she was single. 

I asked her in a subtle way.

Well to me it was.

"You are married right?" 

She said,"Of course not! I mean, I have a proposal but I wanted to come back here until I made up my mind."

Then we left.

I bought a bouquet and a box of chocolate.

Then I went home.

Nikki gave me her phone number and address while we talked so we texted about random things for a while.

I went to bed after eating a bunch of noodles. When it was evening I went to buy a ring.

It had to look awesome just like Nikki. 

There I saw MacKenzie!

She said,"I already planned our wedding! I just need to send inventions!"

She would probably try to ruin my proposal with Nikki so I said,"No! I want to send the inventions!"

Phew!

she just nodded and sashayed away. 

Then I found the perfect ring! It was gold with a silver heart in the middle! 

I bought it and left. 

Asking Nikki to marry me was probably a long shot. 

Who would marry a stranger anyway?

******************

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating much but I've been busy on my school shopping! Anyway, I will be starting another book! You can find out more in the next chapter. Thanks and have a great evening! 

                                                    -A.J 

******************

Edit: 2/14/17