Simple Escort

The mission was a simple one to start out the group easy. The class of the mission was a C which needless to say Naruto complained about the entire time they were in the Hokage's office. As soon as Naruto heard the word escort he instantly interrupted the Hokage.

"What's the rank?" he threw his head to side squinting his eyes at her glare.

"Naruto, do not interrupt Lady Tsunade!" Sakura yelled at Naruto while she slapped him in the back of the head. The sound of her hand hitting him even made Kakashi flinch. Tsunade just smirked at her desk proud of the fine Kunoichi she had taught. 

"Sakura," Naruto whined while holding his head,"Why do you always seem to hit me?" 

"Well if you weren't an idiot so much I would not be forced to hit you so much." She smiled while saying this to Naruto who still looked teary eyed. 

Kakashi started to laugh to himself, that was Sakura for you truthful and beautiful. She was always willing to whip people into line too which Kakashi would happily let her do any day. Kakashi started to feel a blush raising on his cheeks. 

Damn, he thought to himself, Even just thinking of her has this affect on him. He did possess feeling for her and from the reactions he was getting from her it was clear she felt something toward him. This mission he would make sure to talk things over with her. Make it clear what was going on between them if that was anything. Knowing his luck though she would turn him down. That's the way it worked in Kakashi's life. Nothing that he loved or cared for ever seemed to stay around long enough for it to evolve into something else. If he looked back at his life he had lost everyone he loved. Maybe just maybe it was safer for Sakura not to be his important person. To save her and to save himself from another grave to visit. 

"Are you okay Kakashi Sensei? You look really deep in thought?" Naruto was looking up at Kakashi expecting an answer. Shit he had zoned out staring at Sakura. Sakura looked up at him obviously concerned.

"I'm ready to start the mission." he clapped his hands together facing the Hokage hoping they would let it pass.

"Alright so it's going to take you maybe a day or two just to get to the man that needs an escort. He is a third cousin of one of the feudal lords, but still an important figure. Take it seriously there have been many threats against this feudal lord so they are worried that they might use any of his family as leverage against him. You will be escorting him from his summer home to the feudal lord's main estate." she handed Kakashi a scroll. "These are the details of his exact location and delivery point. Be cautious. You are dismissed." Tsunade shewed them away with her hand going back to paperwork on her desk. 

Kakashi led the group out of the office down the hall. Turning around he faced his two comrades. They both had really grown in these past years.

"Alright gather supplies for about five days. According to the route that's the max amount of time it should take. We will meet back at the front gate at noon. You are dismissed." Kakashi turned on his feet walking back to his house pulling out his book from his butt pouch. He figured he would head back there and read for about an hour then go the gate. 

He walked along until he reached his apartment. Opening the door he took off his shoes and vest hanging it on a chair, walking over to his bed sitting in the corner where the bed met the wall. Sitting there reading the book for probably the third time he suddenly heard a knock on his window.

First thing that came to his head was how in the hell did someone sneak up on him without him realizing it. Next thing he saw who it was who surprised him and his heart rate instantly picked up. Outside his window was Sakura crouching there smiling innocently waving. Kakashi got up opening the window to let the girl into his apartment. Oh no, he thought Sakura and I are going to be alone in my home. This isn't bad at all.