The Morning After

Kakashi was freaking out. He had stayed next to Sakura's bed all night not even touching his book. Naruto also being concerned stayed until very late that night, but was eventually told to go home and get some rest. Kakashi assured him that he would watch over her. Kakashi when he was finally alone with her grabbed onto her hand stroking her head. He could see her body relax under his touch as she snuggled into the bed. What was wrong with her? He thought to himself. She had been fine yesterday and this morning, but now here she was collapsed on a hospital bed after vomiting everything in her stomach. Since she had only been away from her captors for a total of two days it was understandable that she was still exhausted. Though the vomiting seemed a little surprising, but the human body sometimes reacted to stress or change weirdly. 

He laid his head next to hers and drifted off to sleep slowly. His hair touched hers and the layers in her hair tickle the side of his face. He could see her smile in her sleep. His worries seemed to fade as sleep took him under. As long as Sakura was smiling it would be alright. 

~Time skip~

Sakura woke up the next morning feeling the weight of something next to her head. Opening her eyes she could see a masked man resting his head next to hers in one of the most uncomfortable positions she had ever seen. She sat up in her bed recalling the events of last night and she suddenly felt awful. Not in the she was gonna throw up again, but for putting her friends through this much worry. Sakura had just got home and she acted like this. They were not going to send her on any missions anytime soon. 

Sakura sighed sitting up in the bed stroking Kakashi's head trying to rouse him from his slumber. She didn't want him to sleep like that and she also had some important questions for him. Such as did the Hokage approve of them living together? Unfortunately no matter how much he needed to rest she need to know a little bit more. 

"Kakashi?" Sakura said leaning down to kiss the top of his head. 

Slowly this stirred him from his sleep as he brought up his head slowly opening his eyes fully when he sat up. His eyes widened when he saw Sakura sitting there on the bed smiling like nothing was wrong. He instantly stood up wrapping her in his arms bringing her in tight. Sakura jumped a little at his sudden movement, but soon adjusted to his embrace bringing her arms to wrap around his back hugging him back. She knew the worry she put him through yesterday, but she was sure it was just a one time thing. He finally pulled away looking her over head to toe before talking.

"Are you feeling alright? Do you want me to get Tsunade?" He asked while stroking the side of her face. She placed her hand over his.

"I'm fine Kakashi. I don't know what happened yesterday, but I'm sure it was just a fluke." She shrugged. "I'm fine today so don't worry it was probably the stress. Now what did Lady Tsunade say?" Sakura held her breath expecting the worse. Kakashi features softened seeing the worry on her face.

"She said yes. I told her about our relationship and how the Akatsuki said they would be back. She didn't respond for about ten minutes. She just sat there in silence then said it was alright. She said we would have to look for a new apartment to move into, but it was approved. I still have to talk to  your parents about it though." Kakashi said ending the sentence with a nervous laugh at the end. He had met Sakura's parents once before and they were eccentric to say the least. Sakura started smiling at him instantly before hitting him aside the head.

"Ow!" Kakashi whined.

"I can't believe you told her we were a couple. You idiot." She said before pulling him into a hug. "I've never been more happy Kakashi." She said laughing with her eyes tearing up. 

"Me as well. I love you Sakura." Kakashi whispered into her ear before kissing the side of her head. Withdrawing from their embrace Sakura's stomach started to growl. Both of them giggled a little at this.