22 -Hell Was Given, But Not to The Bad Guys-

Daughter of Hades
Chapter 22 -Hell Was Given, But Not to The Bad Guys-
[Sarah's POV]
-
The next morning we'd come up with nothing. No escape plan, no explanation for the boxes, and no idea what to do.

I was about to suggest that we try and get some sleep when I heard the door creak slowly open.

I looked over and saw boots come into the light. When I looked up I noticed that the owner of the boots was Reyna.

"Trap." I warned her and she shook her head.

"I know."

She carefully walked over to us and knelt down next to the chains while glancing suspiciously at the boxes. She raised her sword.

"When I cut them, I want you to get out of here as fast you you can." Reyna whispered and I nodded, preparing my body to run. Leo moved his legs over so he was straddling me. This would allow him to get up quicker. Reyna raised her sword up and brought it down harshly on the chains. They snapped and Leo jumped up and ran, I rolled to the side and got up as well noticing nothing had happened.

"What the hell..." Reyna stood looking around at all the boxes. I moved slowly towards the exit, grabbing Leo's hand and pulling him with me.

I moved to the door and touched the door knob. Then it happened. All at once. No one had time to react, no one had time to do anything. As soon as I touched the door knob every single box in the room exploded. Leo had pushed me to the ground, shielding me with his body. I saw Jason flying out of a hole in the roof holding Reyna's body. I felt an arm wrap itself around me. My couldn't  hear or feel, I could barely even think. I saw Thalia carrying Leo and looked into Nico's eyes while he held me up.

Then I blacked out.

⚡️️🌊💀💍☀️🌑📚🔪🌾📦💗🍷
[3rd Person POV]

Nico heard it from his spot it's outside a side door. Thalia had to yank him back so he wouldn't get hit with flying pieces of building as something inside exploded. As soon as he'd recovered from the shock he'd pushed his way inside. They'd been stupid for assuming there would be monsters in the boxes. When he entered the building he realized the boxes had been filled with explosives. He saw Jason flying up with Reyna, he assumed he'd gotten in here the fastest, being positioned on the roof-which was falling apart.

He scanned the room. Where was Sarah? Thalia grabbed his jacket and pulled him behind her to a door. That's when he saw them. Leo was on top on Sarah. He didn't look too hurt, nothing they couldn't fix. They'd both been hit with debris and of course the shock of the explosion must've impacted them. He realized that if Leo hadn't shielded Sarah's body, she's probably be dead. He decided to thank the idiot later.

Thalia gabbed Leo and Nico grabbed Sarah. He saw her eyes slip closed and carried her out of the warehouse. Assuming monsters would be there soon to attack survivors, he hauled her into the back of the truck. He watched his comrades pile in. He saw Jason had Reyna in the front seat with him-she didn't look good.

Percy was the last one in, shouting "STEP ON IT, GRACE!" While he jumped into the bed of the truck.

Nico grabbed the side of the truck with one hand while the other held Sarah. Will moved over to sit next to him, grabbing his hand. Nico yanked it away. Unfazed by Nico's rudeness, Will moved Sarah's head into his lap, assessing her injuries.

"Will, in the front. Help Reyna first." Annabeth commanded. Will nodded and stood, making his way to the widow and climbing in. Jason drove onto the highway at top speed.

"Please be okay..." Nico whispered to his sister. He couldn't loose her now, he couldn't loose another sister. He wouldn't.

He saw Leo stirring in Percy's lap. Leo had saved Sarah's life. As much as Nico didn't like the guy, when it mattered he was brave. Leo looked up at Percy and smiled a little before looking around for Sarah. He saw her with me and smiled again. He looked over at Thalia.