Chapter 16: It Was A Mistake & Sam

It's been a couple days since the night Jc and I kissed, and I think it was a mistake. I think I was just caught in the moment, and didn't really think the words I was saying to him. I don't really feel that way anymore, in fact that was why I broke up with him. I mean at the time I was 15, and I wasn't ready to commit to a relationship fully so I didn't, I decided to break up with him, and he never let that change our friendship.

I haven't really talked to Jc much these past few days but when he came over yesterday he asked me what was going on, and I told him the truth, I got stuck in the moment and said things I never meant, and that I'm not looking for a relationship with him because Ioved Sam still and not him.

Sam. Ugh, I miss him. I know that it's only me who's stopping us from getting back together and i'm ready to just book a flight to California, walk up to his doorstep, and kiss him, and then be back together. But life isn't easy, is it? I headed downstairs to get some food and get caught up on my episode's of Awkward.

I plopped myself on the couch and ate the bag of chips I had in my hand while watching Awkward. It was the edpisode where Jenna's dad found her birth control and found out her and Matty were having sex. Pretty awkward huh? Okay, just ignore my pun. I soon heard a knock come to my door and seeing my sister's were upstairs and my parents are out for ''date night" I answered it. I groaned and got up walking towards the door. I unlocked it and then opened it.

"Sam?" I asked in disbelief. 

"Suprise." He said with a bit of sarcastic enthusiasum. I rolled my eyes and let him into the house him following behind me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked pausing the TV.

"I'm here to tell you how much I messed up, please let me explain." He said. 

"Okay, go ahead." I said simply sitting down. 

"Maisie, what I did was the biggest mistake i've made in my life, and i've made plenty of them. I love you more than words could ever explain and what I did that night was horribly wrong, and I will never have a good explination for you, but I miss having you around, talking to you all the time, your voice and your laughs, how we always find something to do together, even if it's cuddling, things just don't seem as important when I'm not with you, there's no one to kiss or cuddle with, my bed takes a long time to warm up, I rarely have anyone to have a conversation with, eating just isn't fun if I don't get to compare my speed with you, I never go for walks by myself, I don't get to see any of your reactions to my stupid choice's, which can be real cute, movies just aren't the same when I'm the only one watching, making O2L videos and daily vlogs is lonely, I can't call you mine, I can't get angry at another guy for flirting with you, I can't tell you how cute you are, and most importantly I can't make you love me again." He said. By the time he finished I was on the verge of bawling my eyes out. I quickly wiped away the tears and kissed him. He was in shock at first but soon caught on.

"Sam, I've felt the exact same way for the past month, and it's shitty." I said.

"Then take me back, it can be the same as it was before, just me and you." He said as we intertwined our hands together, which fit perfectly. Better than anyone has felt.

"I think I might just have to." I said smiling. His face lit up like a 5 year old on Christmas, his smile bigger than it's ever been. He pulled me into him hugging me tightly.

"Maisie, I love you so much." He said kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I smiled at him as I rested my head in his lap. God, i've missed this feeling so bad. "So, how long are you in Texas?" I asked him.

"Until Sunday." He smiled.

"Your parents let you miss school for a week to see me?" I asked shocked.