ONE FAMILY

MUSIC: Truly

     "We're here, Aom." Tina turned off the car engine. They just came from the temple to give thanks to Buddha for bringing them together. " I called Air earlier, they're already waiting for us, we'll have lunch together. "

     Aom took a deep breath... " Okay, we can do this." She smiled at Tina.

     " Just be yourself.  I love you..." says Tina.

      "I love you too..." Aom gently  touched her cheek.

     "Hi, Ma!!!" Tina's mother was the one who opened the door for them. She saw Tina holding Aom's hand.

      " Look who's here!" says Tina, looking at Aom.

     "Hello, Auntie! It's nice to see you again, it's been a long time..." says Aom, giving Tina's mom a tight embrace.

   " Oh, Aom...I missed you! You look more beautiful! How are you?

      "I'm good. You look good too!" replied Aom.

     "Come in. We're all waiting for you two. Let's have lunch together. " Tina's Mom looked so excited. 

     They all headed to the dining room where Tina's dad and sister Air, were waiting. They were all smiles seeing Aom and Tina together. "Hi, Aom!!! Nice to see you! Pa, look who's here..." Air said.

     " Hello Air, Hello uncle...you both look great!" Aom hugged Air. Then she went to hug Tina's dad too.

     "How are you? You still look the same...So beautiful and not aging at all."says Tina's dad.

     " Awww thank you. You're a sweet talker just like Tina. " Aom blushed. They all laughed at her. Tina was enjoying the moment...  She knows her family loves Aom. They became close to her too during YON days.

     "What are we waiting for? Let's eat. I feel hungry now." says Tina. She led Aom to her seat, next to her mom. Aom kept looking at Tina. She feels Tina's happiness having to share this moment with her, together with her family. Aom feels lighthearted, she loves this family and now she feels comfortable. Everybody was having a good time chit chatting while eating, so Tina decided it would be the best time to tell her family about her and Aom, being together... 

     "Uhmmm... guys...after we eat, can we talk to all of you? We have something important to tell you."says Tina. She and Aom exchanged glances.    

     " Okay!" Tina's family answered in unison.

***

     Everybody's cozying up in the patio...  After a heavy lunch, they all wanted to enjoy some hot coffee. It was the perfect time for Tina to make her announcement.

     "So, what are you going to tell us, honey? " asked Tina's dad.

     Aom and Tina looked at each other.  They held each other's hands...

     "Ma, Pa ...Sis...I know you love me so much. I want you to know how thankful I am being blessed to have a family like you... For the past years that I wasn't here with you, I didn't really feel alone because you always have ways of showing me your love even we were miles apart . Life in the States was tough because I was depressed and had to work at the same time. But then I was able to uplift myself... I even got married at one point, but sadly, it didn't turn out good. Me and Tracy have become good friends, and I don't have any regrets...  All's in the past now. I have lots of lessons learned. Now...we come to the most important part... I know you guys are very much aware how I love Aom so much ,  I'm  sure you  already have an idea why she's  here today..." Tina looked at Aom. She took a deep breath...