THE GETAWAY

MUSIC:  Tonight I Give In

Both Tina and Aom woke up early. They have to prepare for their first official getaway as a couple. They're so excited. After breakfast, they started packing their things and took a shower. " Ma said she'll be here in an hour. She'll bring us lunch and we'll eat together. " Aom said. Tina just smiled. Actually, she feels a little nervous thinking that she will have to talk to Aom's mom about her and Aom being together. Though Aom already has told her mom about it, Tina still feels the jitters. "By the way, I called Pnay and asked her if she wants to join us for dinner later. I just remembered she told me at the YON reunion that she will have an out of town shooting schedule these days. I think the place is just a few minutes drive from the resort. Of course, she said, yes. She said she wouldn't want to miss seeing us together for real." says Aom. "Oh my God, I totally forgot to call her, and tell her about us. "Tina said. "Oh, yes. She told me to tell you that you're so happy you forgot to update her about us. " Aom said. "Oh well, we'll see her in a while anyway. I don't feel guilty anymore."says Tina.

"Tina! Mama's already here!" As soon as Tina went out of the room, she saw Aom tugging along her mom towards her direction. "Oh my God Tina, is that really you? You've changed a lot !" Mama Pornphan embraced Tina, she's happy seeing her again. "Hello Auntie! You're beautiful as ever! How are you?" asked Tina, then she looked at Aom. Aom smiled back. "Well, I'm good. Looks like both you and my Aom are doing good too." Mama Pornphan said. She looked at Aom and was smiling so cheesy. "Awww Ma..."says Aom, hugging her mom. "So, are you all packed up for the trip? " asked Aom's mom. "Yes, Ma. We're finished." says Aom. "In that case, maybe Tina can help me prepare our lunch on the table. " says Mama Pornphan. She exchanged glances with Aom, and they both looked at Tina,smiling. Aom gave Tina a wink. Tina got the message. She knows Mama Pornphan wants to talk to her privately. "I'll be in the room, just call me when everything's ready. "Aom said. She held Tina's hand and whispered..."Lots of luck, lover Tom..." I'll get to you later...Tina said, smiling.

"Wow, you do everything so fast." Mama Pornphan said. Tina was so fast and organized arranging everything on the table. "Thanks to America. I've learned how to be independent. Nobody there I can rely on but myself."says Tina. Aom's mom just smiled, then there was a long silence... " I came here not to ask you how much you love my daughter, or how you're going to take care of her now that you're together. I've watched your interview, and I think that would be enough not to doubt your love for Aom. Thank you for loving my daughter. I know this kind of relationship will put both of you to the test, but i'm confident whatever will come your way, you'll be able to deal with it in a matured manner because you're not Kim and Pie anymore. This is the real thing, you as Tina, and my daughter ,Aom. I love my daughter so much i'm willing to help her explain this to her dad and to her sister. Up to now, both of them are still clueless about you and Aom being together. Me and Aom are just waiting for the right time to tell them. I hope you understand. "Mama Pornphan said. "I love Aom so much, there's no reason for me not to understand the situation. Thank you so much for accepting me...Mama?" says Tina, smiling. "Aww...come here, and let me hug you again. You two are going to be alright..." Mama Pornphan said. "Ahh...Excuse me, is lunch ready?" Aom went out of the room,smiling. Actually, she was too nosy not to hear the conversation. Now, she's relieved her mom and Tina finally had this talk. "Oh yes, let's eat. I brought all your favorites."says Mama Pornphan.

After they finished with lunch, Aom and her mom had a little talk, while Tina was busy putting away the dishes. "You two take care. It's going to be a long drive. Call me when you get there, so I wouldn't worry."Mama Pornphan said."Yes,Ma. I'll keep in touch. About Papa and Alice, I leave it all to you for now. I don't want to think about it. I just want to enjoy my time with Tina. "says Aom. "I understand. Don't think too much. And wish me luck..." says Aom's mom. She hugged Aom and then turned to Tina."Tina, i'm going now. You two have a good time, okay? I'll see you soon. "Thanks,Mama. We'll see you soon. Don't worry about Aom." Tina said, smiling.