A PEACEFUL LIFE

MUSIC : Special Memory

"I guess it's bye bye for now teenager...You take care of yourself. You did good in the interview and I'm proud of you! No matter what happens, always remember you did not do anything wrong. You can call me anytime you need me. Got it?" P'nay's hugging Tina so tight she felt she was crying.

     "P'nay, thank you so much. You're always here for me. I know one of these days you'll bump into Aom, she might ask you about these things about the interview. Well, I leave it all to you. You know how I feel."

     " No worries, I can handle that" says P'nay. "By the way, I'll be celebrating my birthday in a few months and I'm planning to have a party at my house with my family and close friends. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to have a reunion as well."

     " Reunion? What reunion?" Asked Tina.

     " Yes or No family reunion!" Says P'nay, smiling.

      "What?!" Exclaimed Tina.

     "What's wrong with that? It's been a long time. I miss you guys. And, because you're Kim, you can't afford to miss it. Don't worry, I'm not going to tell them right away that it's suppose to be a reunion, so everybody will be surprised when they get there. So you better file for a vacation leave as early as now, okay?" P'nay looked so insistent.

     " Okay...  All for the love of you. I'm going to be there. I also have some important family matters to attend to, so it's a perfect timing. I'll see you when I see you?" Tina smiled .  She  hugged P'nay once more. They bid their goodbyes.

Tina let out a big sigh." Alone again, naturally..."

     As soon as Tina got home, she opened herself a bottle of beer. For the last five years, beer has been her constant companion. Even when she was still married to Tracy, she never cut the habit. Usually she drinks two bottles every night. Weekends, when there's no work, she drinks three. She started drinking when she got depressed, until she just got used to it. P'nay advised her to stop drinking because it worries her if something happens to Tina, nobody's going to be there for her. But what can she do? Beer puts her to sleep especially when she can't stop thinking about a lot of things.

     After drinking three beers, Tina finally went into her room. She sat down on her bed and opened one of the bed side drawers. There she reached for a photo album and opened it. It was an album full of Aoms' pictures only. As she browsed every page, tears fell on her cheeks. "I did it Aom. I finally admitted to the whole world how much I love you. Please don't be mad at me. That is the first and last straw. You'll always be in my heart. I know there's really no chance for us to be together, and I have accepted that fact already. I just wish God will send somebody to heal me. I love you so much I can't forget about you. I wish it could be that easy, because love is a feeling, not a choice. But, I promise I will try...

It's already six in the morning. Tina got up early. "It'll be a very busy Monday. From now on, everyday's going to be a perfect day. No worries, no baggages. Always think positive!   You can do this, Tina." And off she went to work.