THE CONFUSION

MUSIC:

Tattooed on My Mind

After watching the interview, Aom went straight to bed, still crying and was trying to remember everything what Tina have said. She cannot believe how affected she is. Her eyes are already swollen from too much crying, and she now has a bad headache. She got up and took a pill. She needs to get some sleep, it's going to be a long day tomorrow.

The phone rings..."Hello, KTae? Good morning...

     "My God Aom! Is that you speaking??? Asks KTae...

     "Yes, why?"answered Aom.

     " You have a hoarse voice. What happened to you? Are you okay?"

      "No, I'm not. I didn't get much sleep, my eyes are swollen, I have a headache, have stuffy nose, I think I'm sick. Can I call the day off? Can you cancel everything on my schedule for today and just re-schedule them? If you're going to ask me if this has anything to do with Tinas' interview, my answer is yes. I've been crying the whole night, and right now, really, I don't want to talk about it. I'll talk it out with you when I'm ready, okay?" And can you do me another favor? Can you call my mom and tell her if she wants to drop by, I'll be here all day. I have no plans of going out. Thanks KTae." And then Aom hung up.

     Aom tried to get up..."Ohh... my head... My God Tina, what have you done to me?" And then she took another pill and went straight back to bed.

     The doorbell rang...Aom got up and opened the door. It was her mom and her sister, Alice. They brought some food for her. Both of them were surprised to see her. " What happened to you? " Exclaimed her mom. Aom didn't answer, she just greeted her a good morning.

      "Duh...! Did you just hear mom asking you? You look like a mess, sis. What's wrong? Are you sick? asked Alice.

     Finally, Aom replied and she said,   " I don't feel well, but I already took a pill, I'll feel better in a little while." Alice continued talking to her, while her mom was too busy preparing their food. "So, have you watched the interview? KTae told me he gave you the copy yesterday."

     " What interview? " asks Aom's mom.

      "Well, it's about Tina's interview, " Alice answered. Aom's just looking at them quietly, listening to their conversation.

      "Tina? Tina who? Your Tina?" Aom's mom is looking at her waiting for her to answer.

     Aom finally broke her silence , "Okay, that's it! Im going to give you the video copy so you can watch it. I'm going inside my room and just call me when you're finished watching.

     "Are you not going to watch it again with us?" asked Alice.

      "Believe me, you wouldn't want me to watch that interview again, otherwise I won't be able to finish all my commitments in the coming days. I think I'm losing my mind right now," says Aom.

      "Hey, honey...take it easy. Go get some rest. If you feel hungry, just tell me and I'll bring you some food in your room." Her mom patted her on the back.

     After awhile, there was knock on Aom's door. "Come in." Aom said. It was her mom. "Where's Alice?" asked Aom. " She's busy watching tv, " her mom answered. " I have watched the interview. Do you want to talk about it?  Why do you feel so bad? Is it because of the interview? Are you upset with Tina? Aom's mom was too concerned because she saw the effect of Tina on Aom.

      "No, Ma. I feel bad not because I'm upset with Tina. I feel so guilty I was the reason she left whatever she had here. Am I too homophobic? That no lesbian can approach me and tell me how they feel about me just like any ordinary guy for a suitor? And worst, it's not just any person. It's Tina, my friend. And the more worst thing, I don't know why I'm feeling this way? I know I'm a straight person, but all the things that she said about me, all the confessions, I have felt them.. And for the first time, she  touched my heart... I want to see her, I want to talk to her, I want to hug her. I want her to tell it to me straight, that she loves me, that I'm her greatest love. So what do you think, Ma? Does that make me a lesbian now? Huh?" Aom's crying so hard her mom gave her a tight embrace, she cried even harder.

      " Honey, first of all, you shouldn't feel guilty nor blame yourself for whatever happened to Tina. It was her decision to leave. Like what she have said in the interview, the problem was with her, and not with you. And you aren't homophobic. It's just that, me and your father have raised you ideally not giving you any idea that a third sex exists. That's why you're straight. That's why it's your preference. But, people change as they mature. Their preferences change too. Now what you have told me about how you felt for Tina, I would like to think you are confused at the moment. You got carried away because maybe nobody ever professed their love for you the way Tina did in that interview. Now, your question is, does that make you a lesbian? You shouldn't ask me. You should ask yourself and find out the answer."

     "Are you mad at me for telling you all these things?" Aom stopped crying , but her mom's still embracing her.

     "You've been a good daughter. You're a kind sister, you're very responsible , you inspire a lot of people around you, why would I be mad at you? her mom answered.

     " What if someday I turned into a lesbian? Though I'm not really sure, but I'm confused." Asked Aom.

     "Are you kidding me? One imperfection against lots and lots of perfect traits, why would I say it's not okay? You're just human. You're old enough to know what will make you happy. Whatever you do, you know I'll always be proud of you. So don't cry anymore, everything's going to be fine. That perfect time would come, and  you and Tina will see each other again and talk this out. So, no  worries, okay?"

     " I love you Ma..." Aom's crying again...

     " I love you too...shhh...don't cry anymore," says Aom's mom.