Secrets

You're supposed to be meeting up with Demi in a couple hours - she's coming over for a girls night - but Cameron won't leave.

You've been together for a year now, and in the beginning things were so good. Almost too good. He would treat you like such a princess; buying you all of these cute gifts and constantly kissing you, telling you he loved you. Demi actually set you both up because she met Cameron at a photoshoot. He was one of the caterers there. She sent you a picture of him and asked if you thought he was cute - obviously you said yes because he's beautiful - and it went from there.

You don't know what changed. You thought he was happy. He told you he loved you, but you don't hit people you love.

You can't even remember when the abuse started, a couple months ago maybe? Demi doesn't know, she never will. If she found out what Cameron's been doing to you then she would blame herself since she introduced you, and you can't risk her feeling that way, so you've stayed silent.

Suffering in silence.

"Y/N! Are you even listening to me you dumb bitch?!"

You're sitting on your bed while Cameron continues to scream in your face, his body crouched in front of yours as his hand grasps your hair. It hurts like hell but you're too scared to say anything.

"Well? Answer me!" he screams, causing you to whimper before feeling a sting across your cheek. The usual slap.

"I'm listening" you whisper, clutching onto your inflamed skin, desperately praying for all of this to end.

"You know I don't like it when you don't give me what I want Y/N. You will never refuse me or push me off you again, are we understood?!"

"Y-yes" you stutter, scared of what's about to happen.

You wish you could say this is the first time Cameron's forced you to sleep with him, but this happens weekly. Sometimes more than that if he's drunk.

You don't fight, you don't speak. You just let him push you around, let him tear your clothes, let him hurt you. It'll be over soon, and then he'll leave and you can end this all.

You don't want to leave Demi, but you can't stay anymore. Not with Cameron here. There's no other way out, he's made that perfectly clear.

Managing to distance your mind to a happier place while Cameron continues to force himself on you, he's completely oblivious to the tears streaming down your face. You're thinking of that time at the park with Demi a couple years ago. You set up a small camp fire when it got dark and made s'mores while you talked about your futures.

"We'll be best friends forever, right Y/N?" Demi asks you while licking the melted marshmallow off her fingers.

"We will, I promise Dem" you reply, still waiting on your marshmallow to toast.

"And we'll always talk to each other about stuff. Promise me you'll do that, Y/N."

You know why she says this. It's because of everything she went through a year before that; depression, anxiety, eating disorder. She doesn't want that for you.

"I promise, you too okay?"

She simply nods in response before pulling you into a hug.

"Get up, you slut!" Cameron slurs before slapping your face and grabbing your hips, turning you onto your stomach.

"Please, stop" you cry out as more pain makes its way through your body. "Please stop."

"Shut up you bitch" he mutters before slapping you again, and then you give in.

"Y/N what the hell is going on here?!" a voice yells as the door to your bedroom slams against the wall.

Demi.

"Demi help me" you scream as Cameron puts his hands around your neck so you don't speak.

"Get the fuck off her!" she screams, but it's too late. Spots cloud your vision and eventually, you're met with darkness.

-

"Y/N open your eyes. Come on babe, you can do it" a soft voice says, and only then do you register the feeling of hands running through your hair, making you flinch.

You slowly open your eyes and are met with the view of a hospital room.

"What happened?" you manage to say before feeling excrutiating pain in your throat.

"You passed out. The police arrived and took Cameron away. You won't have to be scared anymore Y/N, you're safe now" Demi whispers as tears fall from her eyes.

You don't speak. You're too embarrassed. You didn't want Demi knowing what was happening, it just makes you look weak.

"Y/N?" she says softly, lifting your head up to meet her gaze. "Why didn't you tell me?"

You can already see the hurt and guilt in her eyes and it feels like a knife in your chest.

"I'm sorry, I was scared" you whimper while trying to control your voice from trembling but it's no use. Within seconds you're hysterically crying.

"Hey hey hey, shh Y/N it's okay" Demi soothes while pulling you into her side as one hand rubs up and down your back.

"I'm sorry" you repeat over and over, feeling your eyelids grow heavier by the second.

"It's okay, you're okay. I've got you Y/N. You're safe sweetheart" Demi says softly, rocking you in her arms.

Within seconds, you return to the darkness.