Youtube

"Somebody stole my scooter. Do you borrow without permission? Well guess what? I'm borrowing your watermelon."

You giggle lightly to yourself while watching the latest vlog from your sister's tour. She's been gone for about a month now and you hate to admit how much you miss her. But you keep yourself busy, especially with Youtube.

You've got a pretty large following for a seventeen year old. Last week you actually reached your 400,000 subscribers milestone. Being Demi's sister does help in getting views, there's no denying it, but it feels good to have created something all by yourself. You post everything from DIY hacks to clothing haul's, make up looks to weekly vlogs. Your channel is a bit of everything.

With Demi being on tour, a lot of your viewers have requested some kind of sister video. There have been suggestions of the baby food challenge even though it's been done to death to be quite honest, or a surprising Demi on the road, to just a general sister Q&A. You've loved all of their ideas and you'd also love nothing more than to hang out with Demi, especially with your birthday coming up, but you can't. You're too anxious to even be in the same vicinity as your older sister because you're scared that she'll figure out that you're not doing so good.

You've never been the best liar and she can see right through that. So for now, it's long distance facetime chats that seem to last no more than a couple minutes thanks to Demi's busy schedule.

Scrolling through comments on your latest video 'Aerial Challenge ft Mad De La Garza', you can't help but feel a little hurt by some of them. Yes it was going to be obvious from the start that you aren't as good at aerial as Madison considering the fact she trained in the sport, but to critique everything about your appearance is a bit much. Yes you're not the skinniest, but you used to love having some curves. And yes you're not as 'successful' as your sisters, but to say that you're using your sister to have some five seconds of fame is ridiculous.

With every nice comment, there are triple the amount of negatives. You know they're most likely from troll accounts so it shouldn't get to you, but it does. You do the video requests people want and then get attacked for it. You can't win. And you hate that over the last few months, you've let their words affect you physically. You don't eat as much, you pull at your eyelashes, you pinch at your skin. You do all these things to try and feel something other than the festering hate for yourself. This isn't how it used to be. You used to not give a single fuck what people thought, but then everything changed. You changed.

Demi is calling...

You feel your heart plummet into your stomach and it takes a moment to get your breathing back to normal. Not wanting to waste any more time, you answer your sister's call.

"Hey Demi."

"Hey baby girl, how are you?" her voice rings through your phone, and you can't deny that it feels good to hear her voice.

"I'm doing okay, busy editing videos and stuff. How's your going?"

"Oh my God I just finished watching your video with Madison and it was hilarious Y/N, I loved it!"

You smile, a genuine one for once today. Knowing that Demi likes the content you post somehow makes things feel better. You've always admired your sister and want her approval on everything you do. You just know she wouldn't approve of how you've been treating yourself lately. Would she judge? Maybe it'll actually help to talk about it.

"Hey Demi?" you say, your voice shaking a little with anxiety. You can't believe you're about to do this.

"Huh? Hang on a sec baby girl" she says, and you can hear her muffled voice talking to someone you can only assume is a member of her glam squad. There's some silence before you hear Demi huff, her breathing now louder, indicating that she's back with her phone.