Jealous

It still hurts, not having her here. Your nights are spent trying to ease the aching feeling that dominates your heart. It's as if it was so easy for her to walk away from you. Please, can she tell you how she manages to deal with the heartbreak because you're really struggling. Everyone said you were so great together and that only makes this pain worse. If you were so good together, why did it have to end? Does she even understand how much it hurts to watch her with that other girl now? The way she holds Demi's hand, and the way she fixes her hair when it gets in her eyes; that used to be your job.

I'm jealous of the rain
That falls upon your skin
It's closer than my hands have been
I'm jealous of the rain
I'm jealous of the wind
That ripple through your clothes
It's closer than your shadow
Oh, I'm jealous of the wind

You were at your place again today. The special place you shared together. It's basically daily behavior for you now. You sit on your spot at the beach, watching the waves as they crash into the rocks. Sometimes, you feel like those waves, or you wish to be them. She makes you want to crash into those rocks so this pain will leave. What hurts most though was seeing Demi bring her here. Yeah, you saw them. You saw both of them as they walked hand in hand along the shore, laughing as if she's never inflicted pain on the one she claimed to love with all her heart. How could she do that to you? How dare she bring her here, that girl doesn't deserve to know this place.

I'm jealous of the nights
That I don't spend with you
I'm wondering who you lay next to
Oh, I'm jealous of the nights
I'm jealous of the love
Love that wasn't here
Gone for someone else to share
Oh, I'm jealous of the love

You miss holding her in your arms, feeling her body pressed up against yours. She was yours to hold, yours to love. Now she's left you alone with too much space around you that it kills you. You can't hold yourself, not without her here. Did you not love her enough? Did you love her too much? Please, can she just tell you. Maybe you could fix it and you could be okay again.

As I sink in the sand
Watch you slip through my hands
Oh, as I die here another day
Cause all I do is cry behind this smile

You try to tell yourself that you'll be okay, that you'll be alright again someday, but you don't know why you bother. You're only causing yourself more pain in the end. You're mad at yourself. You hate yourself for letting her get away so easily. You should have fought harder for her, is that why it was so easy for her to move on? Because you're obviously weak while she holds all the strength?

I wished you the best of
All this world could give
And I told you when you left me
There's nothing to forgive
But I always thought you'd come back, tell me all you found was
Heartbreak and misery
It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me

You must have been delusional to think that she'd come back to you. She could have any girl in the world, so why the hell would she choose to come back to you, right? All you want in life is for her to be happy, that's all you want. And her happiness is with her new girlfriend, and you need to accept that. This jealousy is eating away at you, more than you'd like to admit. Maybe it's horrible of you to have wished that she would hate to be with anyone else but you, and you guess this is your karma for thinking that.

It's hard for me to say, I'm jealous of the way
You're happy without me

You'll miss Demi, she was the love of your life.