8: Elvis is the best hell yes

Christmas Morning, 1953

"Morning Liz." Elvis kissed my lips. I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

"Morning." I yawned. I could smell bacon being cooked in the kitchen. You have no idea how amazing it is to wake up in his arms and smell bacon already being made.

We were in his bed, I stayed the night last night. For Christmas Eve his family turned on the tv for Christmas specials or turned on some Christmas records and danced all night to them. Being spun around in Elvis' arms and being held close to him is the greatest thing.

Gladys and Dodger and I made a huge dinner. Vernon and Elvis really loved it, considering they had six servings.

Gladys convinced Elvis to play us a song on 'that geytar'. She held her head high and said "My boy has such a voice, he does."

I couldn't blame her for being proud. Elvis really does have a good voice.

He just laughed. "Okay mamma." He grabbed his guitar and played I Saw Momma Kissing Santa Clause, which ended with lots of laughter.

The whole night was just amazing.

"Do you want to go downstairs?" I asked, planting a kiss on his nose. "No. I wanna lay with you forever." He said. I grabbed his hand and held it in front of my face, entwined with my hand.

I kissed his palm, then every finger. Then his lips. I couldn't get enough of him.

"We have to. You'll love your present. I swear." I said. I pulled the blanket off of my body and climbed over Elvis and out of bed.

I was only wearing on of his nightshirts and underwear so I shed the nightshirt and pulled on a short, sleeveless black dress I had in my bag. I pulled out my hairbrush and brushed my blonde hair until there was no tangles.

I looked at Elvis in the mirror and saw he had been staring at me.

"Creep." I joked. He chuckled. "You're so beautiful, I can't help it." He climbed out of bed and pulled a dress shirt of out his dresser. He unbuttoned his nightshirt and tosses it on his bed.

I wrapped my arms around his warm bare torso. Still clutching the shirt in one hand, he wrapped his arms around me. 

The aroma of food was getting stronger and I was getting hungrier.

He pulled the shirt on and i buttoned it for him. "Thanks satnin." He said while grinning at me. "Sometime you should unbutton em for me." He said.

"Oh you pelvis." I swatted his chest and he laughed.

I grabbed his hand and pulled his to the kitchen where I saw Gladys and Dodger standing at the counter together. Gladys had another Christmas record playing.

"Morning!" She cheered when she saw us. She kissed my cheek then Elvis' cheek.

"Good morning." I smiled warmly at her.  "Do yall want to open presents?" Gladys asked. "Sure." Elvis said.  I followed Elvis to the living room where Vernon sat watching tv.

"We're doin presents daddy." Elvis said. "Okay." Vern said and stood. We all came into the living room and passed out the presents we had gotten for one another. Elvis and I say cross legged on the floor, Gladys, Vernon, and Dodger on the couch.

I got Gladys a gold necklace with a pendant with a P on it for Presley. I got Vernon a silver watch. I didn't know what he liked but I noticed he didn't have one clasped to his wrist so I decided to get it.

I got Dodger a blue button up blouse she had been talking about recently. She was very happy when she ripped open the wrapping paper. She held it up with a big smile on her face.