19: One For The Money

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. Disappointment filled me until I saw the note on the nightstand that was folded and 'Lizzie' with a heart was written across it.

I grabbed it and unfolded it.

"Morning Liz,

Sorry I'm not here when you wake up. We started filming the picture and I didn't wanna wake you. You looked beautiful and I couldn't bring myself to disturb you. I arranged a taxi to come pick you up for Marilyn's party at one thirty.

I'll see you to night darlin.

E. "

I sighed and set the note down. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was one already. I jumped out of bed, which was a bad decision. I had the worst headache and it felt like my brain was tossed back and forth while I jumped.

I went to my suitcase and pulled out my white one piece swimsuit. I quickly changed from Elvis' t shirt and underwear to the swimsuit, tossing the old clothes in the hamper. I pulled on a pair of shorts and one of Elvis' clean white t shirts that he seemed to have a million of. I just tucked it in to make it look like a normal shirt. I searched through the cabinets in the bathroom for any pain relief medicine but had no luck.

Then I remembered Elvis had pills. Maybe he had pain killers. I went and searched through his suitcase for anything.

I found a pill bottle of pain killers. I uncapped the bottle and took three. I went into the bathroom and turned on the water and cupped my hand under the faucet and brought it to my mouth so I wouldn't be dry swallowing pills.

I brushed my hair and teeth and did my makeup like I had yesterday. I wanted to look presentable yknow?

I looked at the clock. 1:27 pm. How did I even sleep in so late?

I guess we did stay up pretty late, dancing the night away with Elvis could make the time fly.

I slipped my feet into a pair of flip flops, grabbed my bag and slipped on a pair of heart shaped sunglasses and jogged down to the elevator that took me to the lobby.

When I got outside, I saw a man standing in front of a taxi holding a sign that said 'Lizzie'.

I walked over to him and said, "Hi, I'm Lizzie."

He smiled and opened the back door for me. I thanked him and got inside the taxi. He walked around and got into the front and put the sign in the passenger seat.

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" He asked. "Yeah it's beautiful." I said. The sun was shining and it was hot outside. Not my favorite weather, but it was nice. I prefer cloudy and raining.

We drove to the destination with banter questions. Where am I from, have I ever been in Hollywood, how is Elvis, etc. We got to huge mansions were he pulled into the driveway of one. He stopped at the gate and rolled the window down. He had stopped at he guard thing or something.

"Lizzie Grant." Is all the driver said. The guard motioned for him to go in and opened the gate for us. He rolled the window back up.

He drove down the long driveway to a huge house which I'm guessing is Marilyn's.

He stopped at the front door, got out of the car and opened my door. "This is your stop. Have a nice day, Ms. Grant." He said and smiled at me.