Chapter 3: Bad News...

Chapter 3: Bad News...

Lisa's POV

The dinner last night was actually super fun. We were able to get to know the Carter family much more. We told them stories about our fetus years (literally), and Mrs. Carter may or may not have accidentally told us about where her sons were and even about her daughter's death. It was super sad and awkward but I was quite enlightened that they opened it up to us despite it being an accident.

Mr. Carter also announced that he and Sam would be going to a business trip today. Christian, being the nice guy he is, volunteered and suggested that the twins should stay over at our house while they're traveling. At first, Mr. Carter hesitated but he also agreed. So today, we woke up at like 6 just to prepare and clean up the house for the twins' arrival.

Kath, Lauren, and I are cooking breakfast, which consists of bacon, eggs, pancakes, waffles, freshly-squeezed orange juice and milk. Dani, Chrissy, and Amy were cleaning up the living room; Mike and Alex with the game room; Mom, Dad, and the little boys are setting up the guest room where the twins would be staying at for the mean time.

"They're an interesting family, aren't they?" Lauren speaks up as she continues squeezing some oranges.

"Yeah, I don't know how the twins recovered from their sister's loss. I would be insane if that happens to me."

"Totally agree with that, Kath." Laur and I said at the same time, then we share a look and the three of us laugh.

Weird, isn't it?

*ding dong*

And that's when we heard loud footsteps coming from upstairs.

"I'LL GET THE DOOR!" I assume it was Christian who said that.

"NO, I WILL!" Nick and Joey argue. The three of us take a glance at each other then we set the utensils down for a while before proceeding to the living room.

There, we saw the three boys pulling each other away from the door.

"Guys, that's enough. I'll get it." Mike chuckles before reaching for the doorknob.

"NO, DON'T!" The three hiss, making him raise his arms up in surrender.

*ding dong* *ding dong*

"I'll get the door." Mom finally volunters then she opens the door.

"Aw dang it." Chris whines.

"Hey Tay." Nick and Joey dreamily greet, obviously quickly changing their mood.

"Hi guys!" She and her twin cheerfully chirp.

"Good morning everyone," Sam greets while flashing a genuine smile.

"We really appreciate you doing this for us."

"Don't mention it, Tom. Glad to know we could help."

Mr. Carter then looks at his watch. "Ooh look at the time. We must be heading to the airport by now. Take care, okay? And! And, behave." He reminds the twins, giving them kisses on the cheek and forehead. "We love you two."

"We love you too dad. You too mom." They chorused while giving them hugs.

"I guess we'll see you in a few months then."

"I'll walk you to the car, Tom." Dad suggests and he nod, then they went out of the door.

"I'll miss them so much," Taylor sadly mutters and Tyler throws an arm over her shoulder, giving her a side hug. "Me too, sis. Me too."