Chapter 29: Separation

3rd Person's POV

"Guys, we have something important to tell you." Christina told the Carters with a sigh. She and her family were at their living room, except for Lauren and Shane who went out on another date.

"Is it good important or bad important?" Max raises his hand and asks.

"Uhm I don't know how you would take it." Kath frowns. "But we're going on a three month tour."

"WHAT?!" The Carters all exclaim at once.

"Aww we don't get to celebrate Christmas with you girls?" Tyler coo and they nod. "That sucks."

"We'll be back before you know it." Lisa encourages but the boys frown.

"Three months? Are you guys trying to kill us?" Drew exaggerates.

The Cimorellis chuckle. "You'll be okay, we promise."

Kyle clears his throat. "I also have something to say."

"Go on..." Chrissy trails off, expecting him to open up to his family about his real sexuality.

"Drew and Shane are being sent to London for a conference."

"When will they leave?"

"The day after tomorrow." Drew answers with an eye roll.

"Oh what a coincidence. We'll be leaving on that day too." Lisa grins. "How long will you be there, Drew?"

He purses his lips together before heaving a sigh and saying, "We still have to attend a lot of meetings and take care of business that Dad had left there so.. about a year."

"WHAT?!" It was now the Cimorellis' turn to exclaim the same thing.

"One year?! Andrew, are you trying to kill me?!" Lisa mimicks before walking out on everyone.

"Lisa, let me explain." The lad follows after her and they went upstairs.

"Sooo... anyone up for muffins?" Kath invites, attempting to lighten up the mood.

***

"Lisa, open the door, please." Drew constantly pleads from the other side of Lisa's room.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" She replies.

"No. You have to stop being so childish and open this door right now!" He shouts and smirks once he hears loud footsteps from the other side.

Lisa opens the door while glaring at him. "Oh so now I'm being childish?!"

He pecks her lips and pulls back immediately. "Of course not, I was just kidding."

"Whatever." She pushes the door but Drew places his foot just in time to stop it from closing.

"Hey look, it's not yet final, okay? I didn't agree to it yet and we can still fix it, don't worry." He reassures.

"B-but a y-year?" she said with her intermittent stutter. She was starting to tear up so he pulls her for an embrace.

"Shh, please don't cry. I hate seeing you cry."

"And y-yet you made m-me c-cry at t-the hospital." She had managed to crack up a joke and he chuckles.

"I will always remember that." he said in amusement. "Lise, don't worry, I could just get Kyle to take up my spot or whatever."

"But they want you."

"I know."

"........."

Lisa remains silent for a minute or two before speaking up again. "Andrew, you can go."