Chapter 20: You're Worth It

3rd Person's POV

"Hi babe!" Lauren acknowledges when Shane steps into their house.

"Hi. Where are we going again?" He repetitively asks, trying to confirm it.

"We're going to a cosmetic surgeon!" She exclaims in excitement.

"Cosmetic surgeon?"

"Uh huh." She smirks which made him gulp in fright.

"F-for what?" He raises an eyebrow.

She gives him a peck on his cheek. "You'll know soon." Then they went out the door and left.

***

"YOU'RE GONNA GET MY TATTOOS REMOVED?!" He breathes out, the nervousness was evident in his voice when it cracked.

"You're the one who has tattoos between the two of us, not me. So yes." Lauren answers, shrugging.

"B-but babe..."

"Why? Is someone scared?" She nudges him on his ribs and teases. "Hey. There's no backing out now. You promised you won't."

"Sweetie, don't worry. It's the same thing you felt when you get those tattoos." The doctor reassures. Shane gulps nervously.

"I better get something in return after this." He said. Lauren nods with her arms crossed over her chest and a proud look on her face.

"Remove everything, except this," He points over the three little letters on his left wrist that says, 'ARC'.

Lauren frowns, 'What's that supposed to mean?' She thought.

"Got it." The surgeon nods.

***

Blake was at the park, staring at the grass while zoning out. He had a lot of thoughts in mind. That includes Amy, whom he considers as his 'best friend' for the past few weeks. He tries though, but he cannot help but be attracted to her. For him, she was a strong girl and that's definitely what he likes the most in girls. He hugs his guitar tightly on his chest and just randomly creates a beautiful tune using numerous chords.

He was then startled when an awfully familiar girl comes in sight. It was Amy. Tears were running down her frail face which ruins her makeup. As her best friend, it's his duty to, of course, know what was wrong and so, he approaches her at an instant.

"Amy, what happened?" He asks worriedly. The young man cups his friend's cheeks, examining if she was hurt or not. When he saw that she wasn't, he engulfs her in a hug, gently stroking her back. "Shh, Ames. Just let it all out. I'm here."

She cries uncontrollably but Blake cares less, he knew this girl needs him at the moment. When her sobs had ceased, he brings her back to the spot where he used to be seated at. "Now tell me what's wrong? What has gotten you all upset?"

She lets out a few more hiccups before composing herself and finally speaking up.

It was revealed that she had been called several inappropriate names at the grocery store such as ugly, fat, and pathetic. She was sent by her mom to buy a few stuff when three teenage girls started fangirling like actual fans and asked for pictures with her. She was then surprised when she overheard the girls gossiping about how Amy was the 'worst' member among the Cimorellis and that she should really quit.

He was enraged at what he had heard. "No, Amy, okay? No. They're all wrong."

She sighs in frustration. "I just wish it's easy to cast that thought aside."