Chapter 17: Dr. Andrew Carter

Lauren's POV

"Are you sure you'll stay?" Christina asks Lisa who was looking like a bed potato that she is.

"Don't worry-- *coughs* 'bout me. I'll be- *sniffs* fine." She replies, covering herself with two blankets.

"Too bad you couldn't come." Amy said out of pity.

"It's okay. You guys have fun there." That being said, she slowly drifts back to sleep and we quietly leave her room.

The Carters invited us to go to the beach for some occasion, and as expected, Dad said yes. I don't know why, but it seems like the boys have some sort of charm to always convince our father.

It's kinda cute, actually.

The problem is; Lisa is sick and couldn't come. At first, we insisted on staying to take care of her but she was very hardheaded. When we got downstairs, Kyle and Shane were already waiting for us.

My eyes land on Shane and he was already looking at me, smirking. He was dressed in khaki shorts, black flip flops and a gray tanktop which clearly shows his tattoos. He has one on his chest and on both arms, starting from his shoulder down to his elbow.

How come I've never seen this before?

"You girls got everything you need?" Kyle asks in confirmation, offering a small smile at the same time.

"Yup," Kath answers then we all proceeded to leave the house but I was pulled back by Shane.

"Heeey, where's my kiss?" He complains before leaning closer.

I held my hand up to stop him, "Breath check!"

"Aww not again!"

"Shane." I sternly said and he gives in, "Fine." Then he exhales near my face.

It smelled like fresh mints but it was definitely mixed with a cigarette smoke odor.

I frowned at him. "You've been smoking again, haven't you?"

"What? No!" There was a hint of defensiveness in his voice.

"Shane."

"Okay yes, I smoked but that was only one this morning! I'm sorry." He pouts and aww, he's so cute.

Gosh, did I just call him cute?

"No kisses for you!" I chirp and attempt to hop out of the door but he pulls me back again.

He pecked my cheek. "You're a cheeky little bitch. You're unfair. I thought we agreed not to pause this game?"

"We did," I remark, "But-" I was not able to finish what I was going to say anymore because he cut me off by pulling me into a kiss.

I had no choice but to go along because of the game, so I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist, pulling me closer and deepening the kiss.

"Wow, you've been on one date and now you're playing tonsil hockey." Someone sarcastically commented from behind us so we turned to see who it was.

"D-dani, w-what are you doing h-here?" Shane stutters.

Trust my sister to walk into situations like this.

"I live here and I was about to get you two but I came in to see this?!" She dramatically gasps. "I am disappointed."

I roll my eyes. "Dani.."

"No Lauren. Don't even try to explain," she sniffs. "I thought it was the two of us?! I thought we were Dauren?! I thought we used to be Sugar and Spice?!"