Chapter 11: Another Fresh Start and A Big Humiliation

Dani's POV

"Guys, have you seen my choker?" I ask my sisters who were basically scrambling around Christina, Katherine, and Amy's room.

"My favorite guitar pick's missing!" Amy sighs in exasperation.

"So is my pen." Katherine cries out.

"Also my pink purse!" Chrissy agrees.

"Same goes with my favorite blue ballcap!" Then there's Lauren.

"Alright, who took my stuffed moose?!" Lisa's voice echoes throughout the room.

Here's the scenario, everyone's panicking since we would be leaving anytime soon. It's now the last week of May and we'll be moving to Nashville.

Yep, you heard right.

That day we went over to the Carters to apologize, it turns
out Mom and Dad just pulled a stupid April Fools joke on us.

*flashback*

"Look, we want to apologize for the way we behaved yesterday. We didn't mean to spray you with silly string or even.. splash you with a pie," Lisa started so the boys nodded, as if telling us to continue. "Maybe you could just give Dad another chance and sign the contract perhaps?"

The boys raised their eyebrow and eyed us questionably. "Uhh... what?"

Amy shrugged. "The agreement, remember?"

Blake let out a chuckle. "We know. But what do you mean by sign the contract?"

Wow, this boy doesn't understand English?

"What he meant to say was that, why would we sign it if we already did?"

"Huh?" My sisters and I asked in chorus, obviously dumbfounded.

"We agreed to your father's proposal already. Your company is now under the management of Carter Holdings Corporation."

All our eyes widen and our jaws dropped to the floor and the boys laughed at our reactions.

I was looking at Lauren and it seemed as if she was having a silent conversation with Max. Not long after, she left the living room and headed somewhere else.

Drew smirked. "Looks like someone had a taste of their own medicine."

"Your Dad must be a legend!"

Then those kinds of comments continued. We started talking about random stuff, laughing and insulting each other. Honestly, we actually had fun just chatting with these boys. We got to know them better.

Although we learned that Dad had tricked us, well, the humiliation was still paid off by the Carter brothers.

*end of flashback*

Now that they and our parents are partners, Dad agreed to move to Nashville with them to start a construction business together, which Mr. Carter had planned for a long time already but never pursued due to his death.

Another sad thing was that two days after we hung out with the Carters, they moved to Nashville so we didn't get the chance to spend time with them again. Our three little brothers were ALWAYS looking for them. Seriously, they wouldn't shut up about the twins... or Taylor I should say.

"KIDS WE'RE LEAVING IN A FEW!" Mom calls out and that made us panic even more.

"Okay what is with all these missing stuff?!" Christina sternly asks us.