Chapter one /

** A/N; Hey there and thank you so much for reading! I just wanted to say that, this is my first "real" fanfiction that I'm kind of happy with and as you'll notice throughout the story, this takes place when Spencer Smith was still a part of the band. And also, it'll mostly be from Dallon's POV.
Constructive criticism is always appreciated and comments in general! Alright, I hope you enjoy this first chapter and wants to read more! xx **

≋≋≋

The saying that counting sheeps makes you fall asleep is a complete lie. At least it didn't work for me. Not tonight. And I knew exactly why. I'd been trying everything, but now I was just laying here, alone in my pitch black hotel room, earphones plugged in and my own thoughts killing me.

How did I end up here? Sad, lonely, confused and on the verge of tears in a crappy hotel room in Vegas.

Well, it all started that early day in October a few years back when I decided to audition as the bassist for the band that I'm currently in.
Sometimes, I wish I could go back in time and undo that. Just sometimes, like tonight.

FLASHBACK

I felt the small drips of sweat run down my back and stick to my shirt as I sat down in the leather couch and placed the bass next to me. I was about to go on stage in a small theatre and perform in front of the lead singer of the band Panic! at The Disco, hoping that I possibly could have a chance of joining this band.

Ever since they released their first song, I had been following them throughout all of these years and they were a big inspiration to me and also one of the main reasons to why I started my own band, The Brobecks. That wasn't a thing anymore, but maybe this could become one. I was nervous, because this was a big deal to me. Performing in front of someone I'd been admiring for so long.

Suddenly I was walking onto the stage and as I looked out over the front row, I spotted him. Real. Breathing. Flesh and blood. Brendon Urie, singer and frontman of the band. Holy shit. But then, next to him, I spotted another guy. I searched for his name in the back of my mind. Spencer, right. The drummer. I hadn't been informed that he'd be here.

I took a firmer grip around the neck of my bass and tapped the microphone once to check if it was on. Of course it was. I let out a small breath, a bit too close to the microphone and the sound was audible in the speakers. Loud. I wanted to punch myself in the face right then and there.

Wow, good job. You've just walked on stage and already made a fool of yourself in front of two amazing, extremely talented and not to mention handsome men. You're so stupid, Dallon. So so stupid.

As I was trying to recover from the embarrassing incident, I made eye contact with the singer, and he smiled at me. I didn't know if it was a compassionate smile for my stupidity or just a casual smile. Either way, I smiled back at him.

"Hello there. What's your name?" The drummer suddenly asked, and I turned my head to look at him.

"Uh- Dallon. Dallon Weekes, sir." I replied, and instantly regretted calling him 'sir' after seeing his shocked face expression and him telling me to please just say Spencer. I just nodded at that, and shot him an awkward smile. He thankfully returned it, and Brendon spoke.

"So, Dallon..." He paused to look at me. "What are you gonna play for us?"

"Uh, I'm going to play a song called Visitation of The Ghost." I skipped mentioning the fact that it was my own song. I didn't want to sound cocky or like I was bragging about it. "Hey, I know you're not looking for another singer or so, but would it be okay if I sang along while playing?" I asked, nervously biting down my lip.

The two of them exchanged a look, before Brendon looked back at me again and nodded. It made a curl of his hair fall into his face, over his eyes. It looked adorable.

I nodded, too, before I leaned closer to the microphone and started strumming the thick strings on the bass.

"You think, you think you're pretty smart... But I can cause a little pain." I sang the first lines of the song quietly, eyes closed, as I played.

Towards the end of the song, I opened my eyes and saw the singer and the drummer exchange a few words. As I wrapped it up, applauds and whistles could be heard from the two men. The whistles mostly came from Brendon.

I felt my cheeks flare up, and looked down to try my best to hide it.

"Dude, that was fucking amazing." Brendon bursted out and I smiled.

"Agreed." Spencer spoke, and they looked at eachother again to exchange more words that I couldn't hear.

Maybe. Maybe I'd have a shot.

FLASHBACK OVER

So, why couldn't I sleep? I was a part of an amazing band, had amazing friends and got to perform in front of amazing crowds almost every night. Why was I feeling so sad, so confused? Why, why why.

The answer was easy. I just hadn't realized it before now.

I was in love.