Chapter twelve /

I unlocked the door to my house and stepped inside. I let out a sigh of relief as I took in the scent of my home. Home sweet home.

I walked upstairs to my bedroom and left my suitcase in there, not bothering to pack it up right now. I just really needed something to eat. The first thing that came to my mind? Pizza.

I made a call to the pizza restaurant as I slipped out of my jacket and hung it over a chair in the kitchen. I hadn't had a pizza in forever, and just the thought of it made my mouth watery. Along with the pizza, I also ordered a big bottle of Coke before giving them my address and hanging up.

I looked into my fridge and scanned over the empty shelves. I really needed to go shopping. Tomorrow.

I walked around the dark house and turned on some lights before throwing myself on the couch and turning on the tv. I zapped through the channels, finding some action movie and left it on. I got up again and brought a plate, cutlery and a glass to the table in the living room. I needed to relax.

The pizza arrived shortly afterwards and I immediately opened the door. I thanked the delivery man and payed him a bit extra.

I sat in front of the television again, this time with a warm pizza that I couldn't wait to eat. I poured up some Coke into my glass and put a slice of pizza on the plate. I immediately started eating.

I was happy for once, calm and relaxed. I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything, I felt free. Free from problems and free from anxiety. And it felt great.

I spent the rest of my night inside, watching tv, drinking Coke and tweeting. A lazy night, you could say. I didn't have times like these often, when I just had a good mood and wasn't all caught up in my thoughts.

Brendon came into my mind several times anyway. He always did. But I didn't think of what I'd say to him or what he'd think. I thought of the incidents on the airplane, were things felt normal for once. It made me smile.

I stayed up late and when the clock had finally passed one am, I turned off the tv and headed for my bed. I jogged upstairs into my bedroom, stripped down to my boxers and crawled in under the blankets. Oh, how I'd missed my own bed. Hotel beds was nothing compared to this.

I laid there with my eyes closed, relaxed and with a little smile on my face and wondered, why couldn't I feel like this everyday?

--

**A/N: hello! I'm sorry for this being so short, but it's basically just a little "fill-in" chapter. I hope it wasn't too bad. xx**