Chapter fifteen /

That night I stayed at Brendon's house, together with him. We talked throughout the whole night, until early in the morning when we decided to go to sleep. I slept under his sheets, my head against his chest and his arms wrapped around my shoulders. For the first time in years, I had a good night's sleep, without waking up every hour and without any nightmares.

When I woke up, Brendon's arms weren't longer wrapped around my shoulders and my head wasn't against resting against his chest. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and running a hand through my hair. Where did he go?

I got dressed in last nights clothes and snuck downstairs to be met by a fresh smell of bacon. I peeked into the kitchen, seeing Brendon stand by the oven cooking. A little smile creeped over my lips and I quietly walked into the kitchen.

Brendon didn't notice me until I was standing right next to him, my arm just slightly brushing against his. I didn't know if we were a couple yet, or if I was allowed to kiss him, or even hug him.

"Good morning sleepy head." Brendon said and looked up to smile at me. I smiled back down at him.

"You're cooking." I stated and he chuckled.

"Yeah. I was going to give you breakfast on the bed but now you're here, so I'm kind of disappointed." He said with a frown and I giggled quietly.

"Do you want me to head back to bed so you can do that?" I asked.

Brendon tilted his head to the side, and seemed very concentrated on the bacon for a moment before he threw his head up at me with an excited smile on his lips.

"Please." He giggled a bit and I smiled. He was adorable.

He was gazing into my eyes and just for a second, I was about to kiss him, but again, I didn't really know the rules when to kiss someone and when to not kiss someone. And again, I didn't know where we were standing in our... situation.

I turned my back against him and started moving out of the kitchen, but didn't get far until Brendon smacked my ass. I looked over my shoulder to be met by and innocent looking Brendon. He shot me a wink and I blushed, shaking my head as I walked back upstairs.

I entered the bedroom and crawled back under the sheets again. I turned on the TV that was fastened to the wall and settled for some old episode of 'Friends'.

After another thirty minutes and in the beginning of another episode of Friends, Brendon strolled into the room with a tray filled with all kinds of delicious goodies on it. I smiled and supported myself up on my elbows. Brendon sat down next to me and placed the tray in between the two of us.

"Now I get why it took you so long." I said with a smile on my lips.

"I wanted to give you the best breakfast of your life." He said with a dramatic tone in his voice and took a bite of a strawberry.

I smiled and looked down, as I stuffed my mouth full with bacon. I turned my attention to the TV again, were the Friends gang was celebrating thanksgiving with Brad Pitt.

I laughed at some joke that Chandler made, but I could feel Brendon's eyes lingering on me the whole time and couldn't exactly concentrate. It wasn't like he hadn't looked at me before, and every time he did it made my heart race. But this time it was different.

I looked over at him, shooting him a smile. "What?"

"Nothing." Brendon smiled and looked away towards the TV and I did the same, still not hundred percent sure if he was telling me the truth.

We finished our breakfast and Brendon insisted on carrying the dishes back down. I stayed in the bedroom, hiding under the warm sheets. It was already around twelve pm, but I didn't plan on doing anything today. I just wanted to spend time with Brendon.

"Hey, Dallon?" Brendon suddenly said in the doorway.

"Yeah?" I looked up and Brendon walked inside. He sat on the bed and crawled up towards me.

"I want to take you out tonight." The boy smiled and placed his hand on top of mine.

My face flushed red, and I looked down. "Like... like a date?" I mumbled, glancing up.

Brendon nodded. "Like a real date." He smiled. "So... will you go out to with me?"

I smiled. "You don't have to ask me that." I told him and he smiled.

I leaned forward and touched his cheek, but hesitated for a moment. I opened my mouth to speak, but Brendon placed his finger over my lips.

"Yeah, you can kiss me." He said and I smiled. This man could read me like a book.

I cupped his cheek in my hand, tilted my head to the side and pressed my lips against his soft, lush ones. He kissed me back, soft and gentle and I truly felt like I was on cloud nine.

He moved closer to me, holding my head lightly in his hands. While we continued to kiss each other, I realized that this was what home felt like. When you felt so warm, so safe, when it felt so right.

His lips parted from mine to take in a breath and his eyes looked up into mine. He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

I realized that 'home' doesn't have to refer to a house, or a place where you live. Home is where you can go and be yourself without being questioned. Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark.

I had spent my whole life feeling homesick, and not really knowing why. I think it was because I never knew what home really was. I imagined home as a building with four walls, windows and a roof. But now I understood, and I knew.

Brendon was my home.