My Poor Baby Pt. 2

Last chapter was sad and I needed to prove that my writing is so much more than happy. So... Yeah.
(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)
At the hospital.

Jenna was sitting next to Cherish in tears, "Baby, I know I'm hard on you and I'm sorry. You know I love you, you don't need to do this to yourself."

"Jenna!!" A voice yells.

"Baby, slow down." Jenna immediately recognizes the couple.

"Witney!" Jenna waddles out of the room and engulfs her best friend in a hug.

"I came as soon as I heard, is she okay?" Witney asks.

"She has anorexia." Jenna breaks down again, "We are such horrible parents, she is 10 lbs underweight. How did I not notice?"

"You are not a bad parent... You are such a good parent." Witney comforts.

"I don't think I'm fit for another kid. Look at her, she's laying there with a breathing machine. I'm horrible." Jenna cries.

"Jenna... Stop. You are such an amazing mother... You are my biggest inspiration. It's going to be okay." Witney hugs her as close as their bellies would allow them.

"I need air." Jenna walks quickly out of the hospital. When she gets out there she sees Val sitting on the bench smoking a cigarette.

"You said you would quit." Jenna smacks the cigarette out of his hand.

"Will you shut up? All I hear is you nag and complain all day about how your feet hurt and how you have stomach pains. If you couldn't handle the pains of getting pregnant you shouldn't have asked me to impregnate you." Val tells Jenna.

"You think being with you is a walk in the park... I don't even think you give a damn about me all you care about is your damn self. You're a selfish piece of shit. Don't you realize that's my daughter too. That's my daughter laying in the... Hospital. And it's all my fault. I passed it on. I'm such a failure." Jenna begins to let tears run freely down her face.

"I don't think us fighting is going to help the situation. I think that we should calm down. I'm sorry for snapping on you. I should realize that it's not my daughter and it's not your daughter, it's our daughter." Val wraps his arms around Jenna. She feels his tears on her neck.

She pulls away from him and sits them down on the bench and grabs his face and looks him in the eye, "No matter what happens, we are in this together and we don't get to run away from each other, we sit down and we talk about it. This is our family and it will work. I promise you. We'll go to therapy together and everything will get better. I promise you. Just don't walk away from us."

Val continues to cry as he kisses Jenna and nods his head and then hugs her, "I promise Bambi. I promise you, nothing will ever make me leave... This is her fight, but I promise you she will have us."

"Mom? Dad? The doctor wants to talk to you guys." Max tells his parents.

Jenna and Val get up hand in hand and walk into the hospital.

"Cherish Chmerkovskiy?" The doctor asks.

"We're here." Jenna says.

"Well there's good news and bad news. The bad news it she went into shock as a response to the medicine, but the good news is we were able to give her an anxiety medication and she is awake. Now be careful she is fragile, you can't make her eat right away, so make it seem like she has an option. She might not eat a lot, but she's eating. I also want her to go to therapy, she needs to have a personal conversation on why she did what she did." The doctor informs Val and Jenna.

"Can we see her?" Jenna asks.

"You two may go." The doctor consents.

When they walk in they see Cherish laying on the bed looking at the TV.

"Hey baby girl." Val says.

"Hi daddy." Cherish says softly.

"You feeling okay?" Jenna asks.

"I have a problem." Cherish breaks down in tears.

Jenna sits down on the bed with Cherish and begins to rub her back, "I can't cry right now, I want you to know that it will get better, I promise."

"Daddy. Do you hate me?"

"I love you, and I could never hate you. Your my baby girl." Val kisses Cherish on the head as they sit in the hospital room comforting each other.
(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)(:)
Happy ending for the most part. Do next family to focus on. Thanks for the love. And I apologize if I make you cry... I guess. Especially to ArcticSenaMonkeys31

-Mia👑