Eleven. Postcards and Polaroids

These hands here in front of me anxiously wait to see,

How's it gonna be?

KELLIN'S POV

Over the next week, I think more and more about Vic. We seem so different: he's an optimist and I'm a pessimist. He's a therapist and I'm not. He's human and I'm a vampire. But that night at the bar, I felt something start between us. Like a flame had been lit. It felt like we really connected. And I'm finding myself wanting to talk to him more and more. He's easy to talk to.

So in our next meeting, I take a seat opposite him as usual, and we take a moment to just smile at each other.

"How are you doing?" he asks. There's something different about his voice. It has a gentler tone to it today.

"I'm okay," I say. "I've had quite a few nightmares this week about the mistake I made, but the shape method helps."

"That's good," he replies. "It's only been three weeks, but I think you're almost ready to stop seeing me completely!"

My smile fades. For some reason, hearing him say that makes me feel really sad. I don't want to stop seeing him...why do I not want to stop seeing him?

"I don't...I don't know about that," I say awkwardly, throwing in a laugh to make myself sound less serious.

"Well, I have enjoyed our time together," Vic says, looking at everything but me.

Finally he looks up at me, and we share a moment of intense eye contact. His mouth isn't smiling but his eyes are. He leans forward slightly and keeps looking down at my lips. I don't know what this is going to lead to, but I kinda like it...

"Dr. Fuentes, another client is here to see you," a woman's voice says through a little speaker on the coffee table. It's the woman at the counter's voice.

My heart sinks. She interrupted something special.

Vic immediately looks away from me and sits back in his seat. He picks up the speaker, presses a button on it and says: "I'll just be one minute."

"So should I make another appointment, or...?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think that would be best," Vic says.

"I think so too."

We stand up and make our way to the door. Vic holds the door open and says: "So, I'll see you next week?"

"Yeah," I say.

I'm about to leave the room when I suddenly have an idea.

"Oh, by the way," I say. "I enjoyed our night at the bar."

"Me too," Vic says.

"So I'll meet you there at eight tomorrow?"

Vic looks thrown. "Wait, what?"

"See you there."

I grin cheekily as I leave the building.