Chapter 5

After Wells is dealt with, Finn approaches Clarke and I. Loudly he asks, "So, Mount Weather. When do we leave?"

Smiling at his eagerness, I take a moment to think. "Now, if you're ready. The sooner we leave the sooner we'll get back."

Clarke pipes up, agreeing with me. "Yeah, if we leave now we'll be back by tomorrow night."

Wells looks between the three us. "How are you three supposed to carry enough food for one hundred?"

Clarke sighs, "We'll be fine. Three is plenty."

"No, Wells is right, Clarke." Clarke rolls her eyes and I scoff, putting my hands up in surrender. "Sorry, sorry, but not only do we need food, we need water." I look around for more help and see that Jasper and Monty are right behind us, luckily. Catching Finn's attention, I nod to the two boys and he smiles at me, letting me know he gets my drift. He grabs Jasper and Monty by their collars and brings them into our circle. "Now we have five." I say, proudly smiling.

Finn begins bouncing his foot up and down in anticipation. "Can we go now?"

"Sounds like a party. Make it six." I can't help but jump in surprise at Octavia who appears out of nowhere.

Of course, Bellamy is close behind. He grabs her arm and pulls her closer to him, harshly whispering, "What the hell are you doing?"

She glares at him and pulls her arm away. "Going for a walk."

"Hey, don't worry, guard boy. I'll keep an eye on her." I say.

He looks at me, and opens his mouth to say something but gets cut off by Clarke who abruptly asks, "Were you trying to take this off?" I look in her direction and see she's holding up Finn's wrist and examining his bracelet, which has a long scratch on the side.

Finn looks at her like she's insane. "Yeah. So?"

I step forward and lightly touch his arm. "So, this bracelet is extremely important."

Clarke nods. "She's right. It transmits your vitals to the Ark."

He glances from me to Clarke, an eyebrow raised. "Should I care?"

Clarke huffs. "Well, I don't know. Do you want everyone you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in 2 months? Because they won't if they think we're dying."

I chime in. "Plus it'll probably sting like a bitch when you take it off."

Finn chuckles. "Fine then, I'll leave it on."

"Good," Clarke says, "let's get going."

The rest of the group starts walking, but I stay behind, waiting for Octavia. She glances at Bellamy who reluctantly nods. "Go on." he says. Octavia practically jumps for joy and kisses him on the cheek. He watches her as she goes to join the rest of the group.

"Guard boy," I say, grabbing his attention. "Do me a favor?"

He laughs. "Why should I do you a favor?"

Deadpan, I reply, "Because I'm the one who's going to do whatever I can to keep your sister from getting hurt out there."

Instantly becoming serious, he nods. "Fine. What do you want?"