Chapter 15

After hours of trying to sleep, I give up, deciding to get out of my tent and walk around a bit in an attempt to clear my mind. I walk towards the hill and decide to lay down on my back and star watch. I spend a few moments trying to find constellations that I learned about in Astronomy 101 and suddenly, I see a star falling from the sky.

A girl shouts, "A shooting star!"

Octavia approaches me, gawking at it. The closer it gets, the more I realize something's wrong.

"That's not a star." I say, my excitement hard to contain.

"A pod?" she asks, and I nod.

"We need to tell-" I'm interrupted by the exact person I was going to mention.

"What's going on?" Bellamy asks from behind me.

"It's a-" I turn around to address him but stop short, noticing he's shirtless. I can't help but let my eyes wander over his olive toned, perfectly sculpted chest. He looks at me with a knowing smirk and I clear my throat, continuing, "It's a pod."

"Now we can kick some Grounder ass!" a boy shouts.

"Please tell me they brought some more shampoo." a girl wrapped only in a blanket says, followed by another girl just as scantily clad. I look at them and then at Bellamy, putting two and two, or, in this case, two and one, together. I raise an eyebrow at him, trying to ignore the pain in my chest. I try convincing myself I don't really care he was with two girls and instead blame the pain on my previous wounds. He ignores my look, instead collecting his men and heading into the tent that serves as the Command Center to discuss their plan. Octavia and I sure a look, both obviously annoyed he didn't ask us for our input.

"Let's go." Octavia says, nodding to his tent. We walk inside and, ignoring the looks from the rest of Bellamy's men, Octavia says, "Everyone's ready to head out."

"No one's going anywhere, not while it's dark. It isn't safe." Octavia just rolls her eyes as Bellamy tells his men to "spread the word." They all leave the tent and Bellamy goes to follow, but his sister blocks his path.

"Everyone for miles saw that thing come down. What if the Grounders get to it first? Bell, we need to go now." she insists.

"I say we wait until sunrise." Bellamy reinforces, pushing his way outside.

I stare at him, astounded. I turn to Octavia, asking, "What's up with your brother?"

She shrugs, sighing. "I don't know half of what I thought I knew about him." I consolingly grab her shoulder for just a second as I pass her to go outside the tent.

I cannot believe that Bellamy's not letting us go after that pod. Annoyed, I head towards the dropship to find Jasper or Monty, preferably both. They always know how to take my mind off of things. I notice Clarke and Finn aren't around but don't get worried, knowing that they're probably off together having a hell of a time, if you know what I mean. I walk behind Bellamy's tent on the way and, completely by chance, notice that the back flap of his tent is open. I look inside but quickly duck back out once I realize there's only a girl in his tent. I think for a moment before I realize what's going on- Bellamy may not be letting us go to the pod, but he's going himself.

I run towards my tent, internally cursing at myself. I should've known- he really wants no contact with the Ark and that pod and whoever's in it is going to mess that up for him. I grab the knife that he gave me when we were hunting and runoff in the direction of the landing, hoping I'm not too late.