Chapter 16

What must be hours later, I finally hear movement. Afraid it might be Grounders, I say nothing, silently watching the bushes. To my relief, it's Finn who emerges out of the woods. I immediately begin shouting, "Finn! Finn! Over here!"

He looks at me, relief on his features. He gestures for someone I can't see to follow him and runs over to me, taking out his knife. He saws at the ropes that are binding me, and Clarke runs up from behind him. "Oh my god, Aurelia. What the hell happened to you? Grounders?"

Tears threaten to fall once again as I shake my head. "Nope," I say, "just an asshole."

The rope snaps and I fall to the ground, collapsing. I grit my teeth, rubbing my wrists to relieve some of the pain. Finn helps me up and I rest my elbow on his shoulder, using him to stand until my legs de-cramp. I hear leaves rustling and look back towards the forest to see an unfamiliar girl followed by...Bellamy. I can feel his gaze on me, but I don't look. Instead, I focus on Clarke. "Who's the girl?" I ask.

"'The girl' is Raven, a mechanic from the Ark." the aforementioned girl responds.

I nod. "Nice to meet you. I'm Aurelia."

"Oh!" Raven says as if she recognizes me, "So you're Aurelia?"

I look at her confused. "Have we met?"

"No, Abby mentioned you to me. She said you and Clarke were very close." Raven laughs.

"We're trying to find the radio." Clarke says. Glaring at Bellamy, I wade into the water.

"Well, today's your lucky day Clarke." I submerge my hands in the water and grab the radio as I add, "Ever since a certain psychopath strung me up I've had my eye on it for hours." I hand the radio to Raven and she begins to examine it.

"Can you fix it?" Clarke asks.

"Maybe." Raven says, "But it will take half a day just to dry out the parts to see what's broken."

Bellamy finally speaks up. "Like I said, it's too late."

"Do you have any idea what you did?" Clarke spats, "Do you even care?"

Bellamy ignores her question. "You asked me to help. I helped."

"300 people are going to die today because of you!" Clarke shouts.

My attention sparked, I ask, "What the hell do you mean 300 people are going to die?"

Clarke looks at me. "Because of the air, Ree. They're mass executing 300 people to save the rest."

My stomach sinks, and I breathe out, "W-what?" The anger I've been suppressing finally bursts and I make my way over to Bellamy. Shoving him, I shout, "You monster! Your life is not worth lives of 300 hundred people! How could you do this? You're just begging for me to break your fucking nose!" I reel my hand back to punch him again, but Finn grabs me, pulling me backward. Bellamy just stares at me, eyes empty.

"Calm down." Raven says, "We don't need to talk to the Ark. We just need them to know we're here, right?"

"Yeah," Finn agrees, "but how do we do that without a radio?"

"Flares." she states.

"Sorry, what?" Finn asks.

"We'll build flares out of materials from the pod and the dropship. We light them up and 'boom', the Ark will see them and know we're alive." Raven explains.

"How do you propose we do that?" Clarke wonders.

"I'm the youngest mechanic ever. I'll figure it out." Raven brags, and I smile, taking a liking to her.

All of us, even Bellamy, work until dark getting all of the materials. Once the flares are completed, we make our way back to camp.

The 100 gather around to watch the flares go up in the air, everyone "oohing" and "ahhing" at the purple and red sparks. I stand on the left of Clarke and Bellamy's on her right, the three of us staring silently upwards.

Both Clarke and I, especially I, are still pissed about what Bellamy did with the radio, but he attempts to take our minds off of it, asking us, "You think they can see it from up there?"

I scoff, not saying anything because I know whatever I say will come out incredibly rude. Instead, Clarke speaks. "I don't know. I hope so." She pauses for a second before adding, "Do you think you can wish on this type of shooting star?" Bellamy and I stay silent, both obviously confused by why she's asking. "Never mind." she sighs.

Bellamy, to my surprise, actually thinks about it for a second and replies, "I don't even know what I would wish for." Neither Clarke or I notice that he stares at me as he says that.

"I do." I say, staring at where I imagine the Ark is. I don't say it out loud, but my wish would be for all of us to be down here on Earth together, living in peace