Who what where why?

I jolted awake, a cold breeze sent a chill down my spine. A pain I had never felt before shot down my calf. I groaned in agony as my face contorted in pain. I steadied myself against something sturdy behind me.

My head throbbed as if I had just been hit by a sledgehammer. It felt as if I had just awoken from a dream, but unlike being fresh in my mind, it was like my mind was like a whole blank filled with nothing.
I glanced at the sky. It was fairly clear. I'd guess it was about three in the afternoon. I have no idea how I knew that but it was just at the tip of my tongue as if I had known all along.
My vision blurred and I shook my head to get rid of the dull ache coursing through my head.

I took a deep breath.

Where the heck am I?

My clothes clung to me. The sun beat down on my back. Why was it so damn hot? As my vision started to return to normal, I studied my surroundings warily. I seemed to be in the woods. I tried to recall how I ended up here but it just wasn't coming back to me. Something brushed past my thigh and I looked down only to see a muddy sling bag hanging from my shoulder.

Curious, I tried to open the bag. My dirty fingers fumbled around. I was still a bit unsteady. I licked my chapped lips in concentration and finally I was able to unzip the bag. All I found inside was a notebook, a pen, about a hundred dollars, a blade and some food.

Why the heck did I have a blade?

Or a hundred dollars?

I take out the notebook and flip the pages, expecting to see at least some words but the entire thing was blank. Why did I have a notebook that was blank?

Why?

Why?

Why?

My mind drew a blank again and I let out a sigh of frustration. I look ahead of me and try to figure out where to go.
I listen carefully and sure enough I can hear faint sounds. It's only then that an old memory is opened and I come to the conclusion that it's the noise of many cars along the highway.

My heart picks up in pace and I find myself grinning. I take a step forward but my body falls to the ground. It's only then that I realize that I'm too weak to move further. I try to think of anything that can help my situation and suddenly one word comes to my mind.

Parents.

They'd be worried if I was lost. They'd come for me.

Right?

I lay on the ground and just stared at the sky. Relief pours through me. It was all so beautiful. The sky was clear and the sounds of the birds chirping filled my ears. The heat no longer bothered me as I focused on the thought of being rescued.
My eyes became heavier and soon enough I found myself succumbing to the depths of sleep.

***

I stretched my hands out to the horizon. My eyes fluttered open as I let out a yawn. Expecting to see the ceiling of a room or the faces of my parents, I'm shocked to see the sky. The same sky as before, only a little darker.

Panic surges through me.

It was then that I had realized that I didn't even know how my parents looked like, or if I even had parents. Come to think of it, I don't even remember my name or what city/country I'm in.
Why hadn't this occurred to me sooner? A million scenarios flashed through my mind. Maybe I was left here to rot or I had amnesia and I just forgot everything. The more I thought about it, the more the scenarios became worse. I shut my eyes and took in another deep breath.

I could do this.

I just need to find people.

Anyone.

Maybe they could help me.

Maybe I'd remember again.

A newfound hope had appeared and I chose to cling onto it because that was all I had left. Slowly, I got up again and bid farewell to the tree which had supported me. Even though I was scared beyond description, the task I had beforehand engrossed my thoughts and soon enough, the worry had been temporarily shelved into the back of my subconscious.

Adjusting the strap of the sling bag, I took a step forward and this time I did not fall back down. I clenched my fists in victory and to my utmost surprise I felt something crumple in my palm.
Peering at my left fist, I slowly opened my palm. It was a scrunched up post it note! A trickle of hope that maybe it'd somehow help me made its way into my mind and I found myself opening the post it note.

To say I was disappointed was the cherry on top. There was only one word messily scrawled onto the pink paper of the post it note. As if the person was hurrying and had no time to waste. I blinked my eyes to make sure I was seeing the right thing, because the word was so familiar yet so unfamiliar.

I don't know how to explain it. I just had the nagging feeling that somehow this word was supposed to be important.
Well it was more like a name. A really short one to be frank.

It was...

***
Hey guys! This a edited version so there may be some slight changes.

Until next time
-Rae