Hidden Secrets

I turned on the shower. The warm water bathed my skin as I racked my brain on who I was.

Trinity had explained to her parents about me and they were very welcoming. Kai just went into his room and slammed the door, most probably jamming in his headphones and listening to heavy metal. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

I soaped myself as I thought about how wonderful it felt to be clean. Trinity had helped me clean my sling bag too. It actually looked pretty decent and not that crappy. I stood in the shower until I had enough. Grabbing the towel, I ringed my hair dry and changed into comfy pajamas. I had to thank Trinity later, these were just heavenly.

Coming out of the bathroom, I settled down on my air mattress, it was surprisingly comfortable. Then suddenly the phone rang. Trinity who was sprawled on her bed, looked at the caller ID and scrambled to get the door locked. She picked up the phone and regained her composure.

"Hey Sachin, what's up, I'm okay, how about tomorrow? Okay bye..." She set down the phone, with a grin creeping onto her lips. I arched my eyebrows in mockery, Trichin...

"So why did he call?" I asked rhetorically. "Oh that? It was nothing, just need to meet up with him tomorrow for a science project..." She said trailing off. I stared at her when someone else called.

"Okay sure thing, bye."

"Who was that?" I asked. "It was just Elly she says that tomorrow you have to go with her and Eli to ask the townspeople stuff..."

"Oh cool. Remind me about that tomorrow okay? You know I don't have the best memory." I said as I laughed at my pathetic try at a joke.
Well at least now I know cracking puns were so not my forte.

"Hey Trinity do you believe me?" I ask her, hoping she'd say yes. She looked up from her phone and let out a sigh. "I want to. I think I will in due time but I just have to put the dream away. It was just so weird seeing you today after the dream. It was too coincidental. Sorry for freaking you out though. Maybe I just mistook you for someone else that I saw in school or something."

I nodded.

She sounded more like she was trying to convince herself that.

"Ava? Call me Trin. Trinity is such a mouthful."

I smile at her as she starts playing some music. A catchy beat starts playing and soon I can't help but sway a bit to the rhythm.
"Come on! Just dance with me! This is one of my favorites. It's called Its Time by Imagine Dragons. They're an amazing band."

I laughed and both of us started doing funky moves. Trin burst out singing. I looked at her in awe. Her voice was just beautiful. After the song was over, we both lied on her bed and just looked up at the ceiling. Trin had these cool glow in the dark stickers and they were really pretty.

Then suddenly I remembered something that Trin had said and I was itching to ask her. "You mentioned that Kai is your step-brother right? How come?" I asked innocently.
Expecting to hear something ordinary like Kai's mother had passed away or something like that, I was shocked when Trin explained everything.

"Well, it's a long story..." She glanced at me and began.
It happened nine years ago, my parents and I were in Japan for a holiday. We had just come out from the hotel to go sightseeing when suddenly a boy started running towards us. He was the same age as me.

He started repeating the same words over and over again."He's coming, he's coming..." My parents knew something was wrong so we let him stay with us. And now nine years later, he's my brother. All this took place when I was just five years old. My parents repeated the story every Christmas so we would appreciate one another. Once the curiosity got the better of me and I asked Kai who was the 'he' he was running from. But all he said was... "I don't remember." But I'm not sure, I think something really terrible had happened that night. But I never asked again 'cause I knew he didn't want to talk about it...
Trin stopped, pausing mid sentence.

Allowing me to swallow all the information that she had just told me. Then suddenly I thought of something." Did your parents ever see anyone behind Kai? When he was running?"
She thought about it for a second.

"No but the next day the hotel staff had come asking us whether we had seen a small boy that was five years old...My parents didn't reveal anything...we checked out the next day." Trin replied.

For some reason what happened to Kai felt like it was connected to me. No, maybe it's just my imagination...

"Well we better go down. It's time for dinner. Oooh! You're gonna love the food. My mum made her special lasagna!" Trin said as she grabbed my arm and dragged me out of her room.

I smiled. I was sure I was going to like it but I was still so uneasy. I had to know who I was...

***

Hiiiii! Hope this chap was good:)
Don't forget to vote, comment and share!!!
Until next time
-Rae:)