The Photo

We flipped to the next page, and saw a an old picture. It was tattered with age and the ends were peeling off. A little girl glared back at us. She had scarlet red hair, piercing green eyes, and a splash of freckles dotted her face. For some reason, she looked very familiar. Below her image was a description:
Number: 1
Age: 8
Ability: T.K
Date taken: 7/4/01
...
Both our curiosities aroused, we flipped through the next few pages. Then we came across a description and photo of a young Kai himself.
Number: 5
Age: 4
Ability: E.I
Date taken: 8/6/01
...
My eyes trailed to his picture. He had hazel dark-brown hair and his eyes had an intense gaze in them, too intense for someone that age. His eyes were chocolate brown and had streaks of amber in them which intrigued me. His face was pulled into a grim frown. His eyes weren't focusing on the camera, they seemed to be analyzing something. He hadn't changed a lot.
Aside from the fact that now Kai was 14 and not 4 and he was not 'cute' but umm...handsome. He looked the same. The intense look in his eyes had changed though, it had changed into a solemn look, as if he was internally breaking.
He blamed himself about Trin... I sighed and gazed back at the description again.
Then two letters stopped me in my tracks. What's E.I? And what did the description mean by ability? I flipped to the previous page and saw the same word
Ability. Though this description had the word, M.I
I flipped through the previous pages and saw the words
A.P, R.C, T.K
...
Kai had also noticed the two letters in each of the ability section and arched his eyebrows questioningly. The want for all my questions to be answered was itching at me, slowly clawing into my brain and making me even more confused than how I was when I first started.
The next page was blank and the next few too. Where was my description? Then suddenly, I remembered the notebook that I had taken together with the file. I grabbed it and Kai opened it. To my utter disappointment, the pages had been torn out. Either the person who had killed Anthony Aptor took the pages or Anthony Aptor himself had taken them. The weight of all the things that had happened finally came crashing down. Frustration overtook my entire being. I had succumbed to a blind fury. I grabbed the notebook and threw it on the floor.
Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes. My throat was so raw from trying to keep myself from screaming. My chin trembled as I gritted my teeth furiously.
Kai stared at me, no doubt scared or freaked out. Then suddenly, a feeling of warmth spread over me. I turned around only to see Kai enveloping me into a hug. It wasn't a romantic gesture or an awkward hug. It was one we both needed, an unspoken thought that could only be shown in the form of embracing. My shoulders shook with grief as Kai kept quiet and didn't mock or question me like he normally did.
Then as my eyes flickered to the notebook, I saw a white piece of paper peeking out of the cover. I pulled out of the embrace and walked towards the notebook. I carefully pulled out the piece of paper and studied it. It was a picture of a girl in her teens. She had hair black as ebony and her skin was a little tan. Her face was pulled into a pleasant smile. She gave off an aura of happiness. I couldn't help but smile at her. As I was about to show Kai the photo, I saw some writing on the back of it. It was written in a crisp cursive form but was still readable.
Marie, I will always love you. You are the most sincere,humble,pleasant and funny grandchild ever. I'm sorry I could never see that beautiful smile of yours in person again. I will never stop looking.
Love,
Grandpa Anthony
My heart skipped a beat as I read the name again. Marie. Where had I seen that name before? Then it struck me, the missing person report at the park...

A/N
Sorry if this was a little shorter than usual. Don't worry I'll be updating another chapter by today or tomorrow. Don't forget to vote or comment if you liked the story. If you want to point out some errors in spelling/grammar or plot holes, please message me. I will always appreciate it. Thanks for all the support. Love Ya:)
Quote of the day:
"Once you have eliminated the impossible,whatever remains,however improbable, must be the truth"
-Spock
Star Trek