Friends

Turns out the place Eli was meeting his friends was at McDonalds, like why can I remember that but not remember my name. Clearly, the frustration was shown on my face because Eli arched his eyebrows in concern. I smiled weakly and we entered the fast-food restaurant.

I was no longer bothered by the cold as
the aroma of the French fries and hamburgers was tantalizing. In that moment, I realized that I was famished. The sound of people munching on fries was like music to my ears. Eli must have seen how hungry I was because he was grinning knowingly.

I couldn't wait to sit down. My legs were aching and the so called short cut Eli took was much longer than I expected or maybe it's just because I'm extremely unfit.

He directed me to a table full of people. "Okay this is Trinity, she waved in a friendly way. That is Sachin. And this is Elly."

She had a black t-shirt and jeans on and was busy drawing manga. I stared at them uneasily and took a seat beside Trinity. Eli left immediately to go order some food for us.

Trinity tried to start a conversation with me but I guess I'm really anti-social because she looked slightly exasperated.
I guess they were all wondering why Eli had brought some weird dirty girl.

She asked me the same question that Eli had about my name and I explained my memory loss to all of them. Once again I wasn't thinking.
They all looked at me weirdly, seemingly not believing what I had said. I felt very different in a way and it wasn't comforting. It was like I didn't belong. My heart dipped a bit and I almost became very lethargic like. I guess they can't help me. I mean why would they even want to?

Just then I remembered the post-it-note. "Do you know a person named..." And as if on cue, Eli interrupted saying that the food had arrived and everyone should dig in. I gritted my teeth in frustration and munched on some fries.
The taste of the salty goodness enveloped my taste bites as the fries melted in my mouth. I must have looked like some crazy person because Sachin was looking at me wide eyed. I stifled a giggle and almost choked on the fries. That's it, I'm so weird.

Just then Trinity whispered something in my ear, "Could you follow me to the toilet?"

Figuring that I could finally find out how I looked like, I got up and followed her to the toilet.
Before I could open the door and glance at the mirror, Trinity gently pulled my arm and motioned to me to sit down on the couch outside. "Who are you really?" She asked, looking at me warily.

I repeated that I did not know.
What was wrong with these people?
Was I that unbelievable?
Actually I don't blame them. I wouldn't believe myself if I was in their shoes.

"This might sound weird but I had a dream recently about a fire and somehow you were there with me and some other strangers and it looked like you were the one who started it," She said, desperately trying not to look into my eyes. "But I don't even know you, how could you know how I looked like?" I asked skeptically. Okay maybe I'm not the only one going crazy.

"That's what I don't understand too! But when I saw you today I knew something bad was going to happen..." Her face was grim and her lips were set into a frown.

Just then another lady came in and Trinity left without a word. I stood rooted to the ground in confusion.
Well that was anything but cryptic.
This was all starting to get weird. I convinced myself that it was just a coincidence.

Seeing that no one else was going to interrupt me I glanced at myself in the mirror. I had dark brown hair with some natural streaks of lighter brown-cool, I thought. Other than that I pretty much looked like crap. My black t-shirt had mud streaked on it and my fingernails had mud in them.
Figuring, I should at least clean myself, I took some tissue paper and splashed myself with some water. Using the tissue paper, I wiped away all the mud that I could see. I used my (now clean) fingers to comb through my hair to make myself look at least a bit decent and my hair not look like a birds nest.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

Who am I?

After what seemed like an eternity of just staring at myself (I know I told you I'm weird), I left the toilet and made my way towards the table where Eli and his friends were. This time I took a seat next to Eli. No way was I sitting next to Trinity.

But while I sat with them, Trinity's words kept on replaying in my head. Was it really a coincidence?
Was I the one who was going insane?
I didn't know when but at one point I had already lost my appetite. All I could think about was the same questions over and over again.

Who was I?

And then I remembered my question that I had wanted to ask. I waited for a proper time where I could cut in to the conversation and bring it up.
"Do any of you know who Kai is?"
All conversation ceased as they all just stared at me...

***

Hey guys! Hope that was good:)
Well until next time
-Rae