Chapter 24

Recap:

 “I’m in the center of Manhattan. Tell them I’ll text them the address.” I hung out the phone and sat on the nearest bench. I put my head in my hands and let a few tears escape. I texted Liam and Zayn the address of the nearest store and told them I was on the bench and I had blonde hair. About 45 minutes later Liam and Zayn showed up in a taxi.

“Layla there you are! Why did you leave? We were all worried.” Liam exclaimed!

“I’m sorry. I just needed to get away.”

“It’s alright babe, we’ve all done it. What happened?” Zayn said in a soothing tone.

“They all lied to me.” I said my voice cracking. “I trusted them both! I had fallen for him, and he knew!” I said finally breaking down.

“Harry lied to you? About what? Who else lied?” Liam asked.

“Harry and Louis, they didn’t lie, but they kept something from me. I can’t really tell you though, please understand.” I pleaded; I didn’t want them to be upset.

“Shhhh, it’s alright Layla, you don’t have to tell us anything.” Zayn said rubbing my back.

BEFORE YOU START THIS CHAPTER I HIGHLY RECCOMENT THAT YOU PLAY THE SONG APOLOGIZE BY ONE REPUBLIC FT. TIMBALAND! IT ADDS A HUGE EFFECT!

Chapter 24

Layla’s POV

I was in Liam’s room staring at the ceiling, and you would think after a couple of hours I would be tired of staring at the same beige color, but my mind was racing. After my break down, Liam and Zayn took me back to the hotel where I got a lecture from Paul, but I guess he could tell I was upset and left me with a warning.

“Layla, I brought you dinner.” Liam said coming in with a plate that had 3 pizza slices on it, and a piece of cheesecake.

“Ugh Liam don’t you know I’m trying to watch my figure!” I exclaimed once I saw what he had on the plate.

“Uh, sorry?” Liam said, giving me a weird look.

“I’m just kidding silly! How can I turn down pizza and cheesecake!?” I ran to the food and thanked Liam for bringing it. I took a bite of the pizza and smiled in bliss.

“So care to tell me what’s going on Layla?” Liam asked me, raising an eyebrow.

“Well, I-“I was cut off by a knock at the door.

“Come in.” Liam called, sighing. It’s probably driving him insane not knowing what’s going. The door opened and Harry and Louis came in. My face darkened and I turned around and stared at the wall. “Uh, Liam could you give us a moment?” Harry asked. Liam nodded and I gave him a “What the heck” look. I mean he was leaving me alone with them! Liam walked out and as soon as the door closed Harry locked the door. I turned back to face the wall and I closed my eyes.

“Layla, why are you upset at us? Even Niall? What did we do?” Louis asked.

“Yea, Layla what’s going on?” Harry asked coming closer to me and putting a hand on my arm.

“Don’t touch me.” I said shrugging his hand off. “Look Harry, I think we should just cut off everything we had between us romantically. It’s hurting everyone around us; let’s stop this before it goes too far.” But it was too late; I had fallen for Harry, hard. The pain I felt in my chest was unbearable.  I let a tear slip down my cheek, he was the first boy I had really fallen for hard, and now everything was crumbled.

“Layla, please, just tell me what’s going on!” Harry pleaded.

“Does Niall know?” I asked, completely ignoring his question.

“Does Niall know what?” Louis asked.

“Does he know that is girlfriend is a jealous crazy slut who is trying to kill me?” I finally blew up. The shocked look on their faces told me that they had no idea that I knew.

“Who told you?” Louis asked.

“Answer my question.” I spoke in a firm voice.

“No.” He said softly.

“I’m sorry.” I heard Harry say in a small voice. I shook my head and walked out the room. I was relieved that Niall didn’t know, but how could they keep that from him? I ran into someone in the hallway and it turned out to be Niall.

“Layla what’s wrong?” I guess I finally had enough of all the apologies; I was tired of people keeping things from me, I was tired of being used. I ran to Niall and he engulfed me into a hug, and I let all the tears out, all the sorrow and hurt I have been keeping in, I just let it all out.

“I can’t do this anymore.” I whispered into his chest.

Harry’s POV

“Who told her?” I barked at Sammy through the phone.

“Harry calm down, that’s my sister you’re talking to.” Louis spoke from behind me.

“Harry I swear I don’t know, I haven’t said anything!” I sighed and gave Louis the phone and sat down on Liam’s bed.

“How do you suppose she found out?” Louis asked sitting down next to me. I sighed, “I have no idea Louis, but I basically just got dumped, and I really liked her.” I took another shaky breath; I was going to ask her to be my official girlfriend and make it public and a few days, but now that’s ruined.

“Mind telling us what’s going on?” Liam and Zayn walked into the room.

“Why not? The cats out of the bag anyways.” Louis said rolling his eyes.

“Well, we thought Brittany was cheating on Niall, so we sent Fernanda, Olivia, and Sammy to spy on her back in London, but she wasn’t cheating on him, she is working with Layla’s dad, but we don’t know for what. We think she’s jealous that Layla and Niall are best friends, but we have no idea why her dad is in London.” I filled them in. Both Liam and Zayn had looks disbelief on their faces.

“Does Niall know about this?” Zayn asked.

“No, but we plan on telling him soon.” Louis said.

“How Layla found out we have no idea.” I said with a sigh.

“Why did you keep it from her?” Liam asked. Louis and I stayed quiet, we had no real reason.

“I’m going to go get some fresh air.” I said, leaving the room.

“I- I just can’t do it anymore Niall.” I heard Layla crying from Niall’s room.

“Layla, can’t do what?”

“Everything! I’m not strong Niall; I just can’t deal with all this!”

“Layla what’s going on? What has made you upset?”

“Ask Harry or Louis.” She responded in a cold tone. I heard enough, I walked down to the cafeteria downstairs and got a tea. I sat outside in the courtyard, just thinking. I just lost a great girl, someone who I was really falling for, and I really hurt her. Those tears and her shaky voice won’t get out of my head because I know I caused them. I should be the one in there comforting her through her worst times, not Niall. Layla was like a glass cup, she appeared strong, but once something hit her, she would crack. I broke her, and I lost her.

A/N: Wow! Hi! Long time no see guys! I’m so so so sorry for the long wait!! I hope this chapter makes up for it! I’m hoping I can update tomorrow, but we’ll see. There will definitely be another update before Sunday! I hope you guys read the chapter with the song; it adds so much more effect! What do you guys think? xxx