Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Layla’s POV

I woke up in a really dark room, my head was pounding. I blinked a few times, trying to remember what happened. My hands were tied to a pole behind me, so I was really uncomfortable. I heard someone groan next to me and I snapped my head to where the noise came from. It was too dark for me to see who it was, but I could see the person was slumped over.

“Whose there?” I whispered. I got no response. I tried again, this time I reached over with my leg and nudged the person. I heard a bit of mumbling and I recognized the Irish accent quickly.

“Niall?!” I whisper shouted.

“Layla?” Niall asked, sounding confused. “Layla what’s going on? I remember seeing someone carrying you out, and there was a security guard that tackled me and put a towel that smelt funny. That’s all I remember.” There was a shuffling noise; I guess Niall was trying to see if he could get away from the pole, I guess his hands were tied up too.

“I remember singing People like us, then around the end of the song the smoke machine came on, and when I hit my last note the trap door opened. Some guy caught me and put the towel over my face, I think it was the thing that when you smell it, it knocks you out, but that’s all I remember.” I sighed and fumbled shaking my hands trying to get out of the ropes grip.

“Niall, I thought nothing was supposed to happen. I guess we were all wrong.” I felt a tear trickle down my cheek and I wiped it on my shoulder.

“Wait, how did you know I was getting taken? Like how did you see?” I asked, was this a trick? Was he actually apart of the plan?

“I was outside during your performance; I was still upset that you tried to break up my relationship. I still am, that’s unforgivable, but for now we will have to set aside our differences.”

“Listen Niall, I wasn’t lying. The fact that you think I would stoop that low hurts. Get your head out of your ass.”  I sighed, thinking of a plan. How were we going to get out of this?

“HELP!” I screamed as loud as I could. I don’t know what use it would do, but it was worth a shot, soon Niall was following along and we were both screaming at the top of our lungs.

“Shut up will ya! Nobody can hear you, we are miles away. Keep on screaming and I’ll knock you out right here right now.” Two buff men appeared in front us, where they came from I had no idea, but I had to watch them closely.

“Who are you?” I asked in an icy tone. I had never seen these two guys before, what would they have against me?

“We are here to get the job done.” The second man said, he had a deep jersey accent.

“You’re Mr.B?” Niall asked sounding more confused than ever.

“Who? We are getting the job done, we gots nothing to do with whatever they are planning for you. That’s for the boss lady to decide. We get you and get the job done.” The man said.

“Jonny.” A voice hissed from behind them. It sounded like a female, and I could see a figure a few feet behind the men. The first guy went to go talk to the female while the guy with the accent watched us.

“Bruno get over here you idiot!” The girl hissed again. The second man went over to where Jonny and the girl were. Her voice sounded familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Does her voice sound familiar?” I whispered to Niall.

“Yea, but I can’t remember from where.” I turned back to listen what they were saying.