Chapter 2

I wake up quickly and crawl through to Aris,we watch intently for a few hours. Not saying anything to each other until I find the courage to talk-

"I want to get outta here.."
Aris nods "Me too. Soon,I promise."
"Promise?"
"Of course,Anna."
"We're not meant to be here are we?"
"No.." He mutters "We need to be here,have you talked to ratman yet?"
"Soon.. If he catches us together he'll go mad."
"Can't blame him. But,I'm going insane in this place-I miss them,Harriet,Sonya,Beth. So much Beth."
"Were they your girlfriends or something?"
"So much not like it. They were my friends,partners. Groups,we survived."
"Survived what?"
"All in good time."

"Anna!?" I hear my dad call. My eyes open wide as I look at Aris,we scamper back quickly to the canteen. I smile and hug him "You coming to get first meal?"
"I'm going to the other canteen," I tell him (I want to talk to Aris) "They have nicer and fresher fruit there," I kiss his cheek and skip off. Grabbing some food as I sit opposite Aris. Of course just us.

"You want to escape?" He asks "I think I know where to go."
"Tell me where,"
"The mountains. My friends will be there."
"If you're sure,let's go now. I'll get dad."
"No Anna!" He snaps and then lowers his voice "It's gotta be just us. Trust me,I'm doing this to protect you."
"I know, but we can't just.. I can't leave him."
"We can save him. It'll be hard,could loose ourselves along the way. But it's worth it,I swear down."
I nod "When do we go?"
"First.. We need to inspect something. Then I'll meet you,we'll run,far away."
"Where are we going?"
"First. I need you to create a diversion,"

At this point my father walks in.
"Okay-If I call your name. Line up, and we'll escort you," he pulls out a list as I see everyone cross their fingers,hoping to get picked "Kat,Olivia,Jacob,Sam,Heather,Gerard,Frank,Andy,Alex and Wade,that's it for today. More tomorrow,I'd take more if I could but I can't," I look at the kids who look extremely full of joy. As I turn back to Aris who shakes his head,as if to say 'They'll get hurt. Really really hurt' I watch as they walk away and the rest of us are escorted back to our rooms,I follow Aris as he takes me down a few corridors.

"What is it?" I ask as he opens the door. It's brutal,dead bodies, ripped off faces. Messy clothes covered in blood,I back to the door,panting for air "What is this?" I cry.
"What your father does.." He mutters as I shake my head "Anna,this is the definition of the world."
"It can't be.."
"We need to escape."
I nod and pant "Of course,"
"Meet me back here in five minutes," he tells me.

I run back to my room as quick as I can. Getting redressed,jeans with tight warm socks,tucked in boots then a jumper and a warm coat. I tie my hair up and grab the photo of mother,then one of father, I place it in my large pocket and walk back. Aris is there,of course. He smiles and nods to me.

"You ready?"

I nod

"As ready as I'll ever be."