Chapter 9

"When you love someone,it's like you're both attached by this visible rope, and no matter how far apart you are from them you can always feel like they're right beside you."

A girl smiles and looks at me. Blonde hair swept back with a clear and beautiful face.

"Sonya," she shakes my hand.
"A... Anna.."
"You came with Aris?"
"Yes."
"Good, come with me."

I nod and walk with her into a tent. Sitting down a box,opposite her. Sonya looks at me intently as I sit there in silence,my legs shaking. I wanted Aris, I gulp nervously as her eyes pierce against mine.

"I wanted you to tell me all you know about Wicked. That,and your fathers work."

"They kill.." I mumble "But my father told me it was safe,and that he was making it that way,"
She nods "So what's your definition of safe?"
"Aris."
"He's told me stuff about you. He's in love."
"We are."
"Just answer me one more thing Anna- Why do I get the feeling you're on Wicked's side?"
"Because you don't realise that you're not the only one they broke," I say and walk out the tent to Aris. Smiling as I kiss his cheek,hugging him tight "Let's get some sleep.."

We walk to the tent and he lies me down,stroking my hair and kissing me hard as me eyes close- I see father. Holding me close,comfort in his arms. It's nice. It's him."It's okay sweetie," he coos and strokes my hair "I'm here. Family. I'm here." I nod and curl up closer as I see him now as Ari's who's holding me. Smiling as he looks into my eyes. It was dad,not him. I gulp as he begins to talk "Remember Anna,family don't end in blood. Doesn't start there either. Family cares for you. Not what you can do for them,but they're always there,for always. They've got you,I've got you. Even when it hurts most."

I burst awake and Aris isn't there. Neither is father. I cry and curl up tighter. I felt alone here. I needed someone. I cry out as I feel the pain from the Crank bite. Holding it closer,I couldn't tell. I shake my head and cover it up as Aris walks in, of course he knew about it.

"We should ask for help.." He motions to it.
"No.."
"Please Anna-"
"I said no!"
"Why can't you trust anyone?'
"Because you trust everyone!" I yell and look down "Leave me alone Aris."
"Anna-"
"I'm fine, just go. Please."
"I'll go. But just,remember that if it's about survival,isn't a little agony worth it?"
I shrug "Maybe."
"You're scaring me.."
"Then stay away from me,"
"Anna stop!"
"I can't stop it.." I whimper and rock "You need to get me back to Wicked."
"No!"
"I need to. I don't care anymore Aris!"

I cry and hug him tight. I'm straight up loosing my mind. I needed help. Help from who would only bring me help.

I had to go back....

Kind of a weird ish filler. I know. But.. Tomorrow's update I'm really looking forward to!!