Chapter 7

I sit curled up in the bath. Looking down at the water,shaking. Today in my school they told us three kids had died. Those names were Grace,Jack and one of my best friends who's name was Emma. I shake as my mother washes my hair gently.

"What happened to them?" I ask.
"You shouldn't know at your age," she mutters as she takes me out,wrapping a warm,white towel around me as I curl up into it "A nine year old shouldn't know about the horrors of the world."
"They're safe right?"
"Dear.." She smiles and shakes as she begins to braid my hair "People. Who you see outside,when you walk to school,who tell you of their suffers. They go to a nice place.."
"Like Emma?"
"Yes sweetie,like Emma."

"Veronica," my father steps in "May I talk to you for a second?"
"Yeah.." She gulps and I walk to my room, sitting on the bed as I get changed into my pyjamas. I pull out a book and start to read but get rolled out of focus when I hear cries coming from mum's and dad's room. I push my ear up against it and listen intently-

"Shhh. You must be quiet,Anna might here.." My father says.
"This isn't fair," my mother cries.
"I know it isn't. But I'll put a stop to it. I'll promise you I'll try every single thing."

Stop what? I gulp and close my eyes. Falling down as I fall asleep.

(In Wicked- Third person POV)

"It must be the kid. Aris Jones!" Dr Janson snaps at the other staff "I need you to find him. Kill him. And get her back."

"Yes sir," they all respond in unison.

"She.. Is my child still. I'm not loosing another member of my family."
"Sir.." Dr Howard gulps out "There's a chance that they could've died."
"And a chance that they could be alive!"
"Yes.. Yes.. Sir."
"I want her back by the latest of this evening. I don't care how many you kill!"

(Wicked scene over)

I giggle and hold Aris close. Kissing him gently. I jump onto his back as he stumbles about,clutching me closer. As if to saver the moment as we watch the sunset. I remeber his promise but shake it out of my head 'We'll be here by tonight' as if to read my mind he sighs-

"I'll try Anna,I promise," he says.
"As long as I'm with you,"
"That you'll always be."

"We gotta go.." I mumble.
"W-where?" Aris demands.
"Back home."
"Are you insane?" I jump back at his tone.
"I am trying to save your life Aris,"
"No,you'll destroy it."
"We'll never be safe.."
"Just-" he sighs and looks up then back to me "Anna,I love you."

I smile and kiss his cheek "Me too," I entwine my fingers in his "Don't ever let go of my hand."

"I'll never let go.." He whispers as we hear a gunshot then a helicopter,we hide under rocks as I see my father inside of it. I cling onto Aris tighter as it surveys the area for a few minutes.

"It's clear!" He yells as they move away. I whimper and look down.

"He looks like he's dying without me.." I gulp.
"But you're safe."
"Is he?"
"He's guaranteed to be."
"Just... I need some more time," I wipe my eyes.
"Well you don't have it," he replies,sternly.
"Why?"

He gulps and slowly nods to the Cranks stumbling towards us..